Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
3-0 -brentford

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Obviously not a long term judgement on RDZ but his tactual change at half time was bizarre. The whole first half we absolutely dominated them down the left hand side. All our best chances came from the route. Why take Estupinan off? Fair enough if injury related but it now it didn’t make sense.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
.....on my second one...........

Brentford have done an absolute on number on us.
Sit deep, wait for our overelaborate attack to break down, and catch us on the break.
Blaming their time wasting is just excuses. We have been crap.
But not a crap side. Watching some of these players at the World Cup next month representing our club would have been unthinkable 20 years ago.

At least it gives the Nott'm Forest match on Tuesday some edge and a decent atmosphere now I hope. Cup half full.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Toothless, not liking this style of football the last two games at all, will De Zerbi’s style work in the Prem, jury firmly out so far.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Have we really been sussed out so quickly?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I'm not at the match. I only see highlights, listen to the commentary and engage with conversations on here. I'm really getting the feeling that RdZ is basically starting where Potter started rather than where Potter finished.
Possession is god (yes, good too, but god in some coaches philosophy) - fine, but there is a point where playing out from the back becomes fannying around at the back. Potter had just found that right spot in the six months before he left - surely we won't have to wait two and a half seasons for RdZ to learn the same lesson?
Watching on the stream and I'd agree with this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here