Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Fully agree , if i had a choice to be concerned about creating a lot of chances and not taking them or creating a few chances and taking them thus winning 3 out of 4 played i know which way i would go ! :)

Just imagine if we could create a lot of chances once learning to take them.

:goal::goal::goal::goal::goal:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I admire your confidence, but even as a card carrying member of #TeamDuffman I'm not seeing it myself.

As others have said, since his renaissance, I'm also of the opinion the team has missed Duffy's presence in games like Burnley and Brentford away.
They weren't getting those points, last season, without a player eager to get down and dirty with the opposition.

It's hard to think Lukaku, or Vardy for that matter, will be losing much sleep prior to playing against the big man.

I replied to [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] after the Ireland game that we'd need Duffy today to deal with Toney. Brentford are big and organised, very much this season's Sheffield Utd Season One. Keep a clean sheet and you've always got a point and a good chance of three.

In CH season one we got more points than our squad quality deserved using pragmatism and targeting games. Last season we dropped more points than our football deserved through playing poorly against bad teams. If this season is going to take the best elements of both I'm very happy with that - and that means that at times we will need Dunk, Dufffy and Sanchez to do a good, old fashioned cleaning out job.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Dramatic reduction on Twitter today in posts calling club out for racism and predicting relegation

For some reason.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's amazing, considering our chance creation has been so low. We've been taking our chances.

Polar opposite of last season. We can speculate why we are taking our chances this season- practice, tactics, good fortune, or a combination of these?

But at the same time, our chance creation is now very low and it is a concern. Again, we can speculate why that is. In part, I don't think we have played very well for much of this season so far - in addition I believe Potter's gone more direct and the side is adapting to that, but also losing White and replacing him with Duffy is a factor.

or, turning that on its head …. how good we might be, when we’re playing great football again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any news on Webster’s injury? Hamstring, 2 months out if we’re lucky? :down:

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Just back from the game and still buzzing about the 3 points. Maybe not the best performance but chances are that’s 2 away games we might not of picked up points from last season. Great to see Tony in the stand and seeing him take the time to go down to the disabled supporter and have a photo with him.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Are all of supporters living abroad able to watch our games easily rather tan looking for dodgy streams

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Are all of supporters living abroad able to watch our games easily rather tan looking for dodgy streams

You get to watch all the 3pm games in the US!

All the Prem games are split between NBC and Peacock (NBC's separate streaming service). It's a pain getting both.

A lot of Brighton matches were on Peacock which is about $10 a month or less, I forget.

So I'd watch some on Peacock and some on the dodgy sites.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
or, turning that on its head …. how good we might be, when we’re playing great football again.

This.

I'm pleased with the results we've got, but I think we all know we are capable of playing a lot better. I'm not sure that in 4 games so far we've come close to the heights of last season, playing wise ???

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Yup. I have a box thingie that gives me Sky Sports, BT Sports and a gazillion international sports channels. To save any faff in looking for a game, there’s even a section for the Premier League, where it gives you a choice of three live channels for every single game. There are also similar dedicated sections so you can watch every MTL and Championship game too.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
It had 0-0 all over it with both teams cancelling each other out. As frustrating as Trossard can be, he does have that extra bit of quality to push us over the 3 points finishing line. We’ve been on the receiving end of PL defeats against unspectacular yet clinical opponents so nice to turn the table. Enjoyable away day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here