Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford fans

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Given the energy they put into pressing it seemed pretty obvious to me from 5 mins in, that as long as we didn’t concede, we’d have too much for them over 95 mins

Reality check for them I think and for once it’s brilliant that we were the ones to serve this.

Just have here how brave they are now for a few weeks before the slide.

A decent contest with quite a bit of agro on the pitch but seemed well mannered!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I said my bit this morning, but I have always liked Brentford and been many times, even when we were not playing them as I used to live in Ealing.
I hope they do well and stay up (Tony doesnt) but so pleased we beat them and I hope we smash them at The Amex.
Mostly really decent fans, my favourite London club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
https://twitter.com/justdatrooth/status/1436735679954817025

[tweet]1436735679954817025[/tweet]

Apart from scoring the winning goal and getting 3 points we didn't do anything.. :lolol: To be fair other Brentford fans are slating him in the replies.

Line-ups
Match Stats
Live Text
Home TeamBrentfordAway TeamBrighton
Possession
Home41%Away59%
Shots
Home7Away4
Shots on Target
Home1Away2
Corners
Home1Away6
Fouls
Home9Away12

The bitter ****, welcome to the PL

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
They’ll stay up but they were shot to bits in the last 15. There was only going to be one winner.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just back.

The only chances they got were when we were sloppy, they literally created nothing on their own volition.

Their fans were friendly, but goodness me they were quiet.

We weren’t great, but were comfortable throughout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Don’t want to attack a team when it’s down but I didn’t think much of the new stadium.

However the walk back to Barnes along the Thames was lovely.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I thought Brentford’s negativity especially in the 2nd half, cost them. You can’t stick 11 players behind the ball and expect to win!

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
https://twitter.com/justdatrooth/status/1436735679954817025

[tweet]1436735679954817025[/tweet]

Apart from scoring the winning goal and getting 3 points we didn't do anything.. :lolol: To be fair other Brentford fans are slating him in the replies.

Eh? Welbeck went clean through and shot at the keeper, Trossard scored - that’s at least 2 shots on target! Can’t remember a single save Rob Sanchez had to make though! :moo:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The kind of game most new Prem teams have early on in their PL stint.

You’re playing a team who you see as a winnable game as they’re normally scrapping around the bottom of the table. The fans still have the giddy high of promotion and are used to being the better team. It’ll be close, but we should get 3 points, right? Then the experienced PL team turns up and either outplay you or (like in this case) outthink you. We kept them at arms length (bar a couple of silly mistakes) for 60 minutes whilst they tired themselves out and then pushed for the winner late on.

Today was the football equivalent of a boxer ducking and weaving for 9 rounds against a younger, more energetic fighter and then planting the knockout blow late in the 12th. They’ll stay up, and quite comfortably imo but they’ll be below us come the end of the season - fact.

Beesman

Sep 6, 2021
Good game could have gone either way, Bissouma was the best player on show.Should have done better first half with the chances we had.Thought your support was very good.Hope we learn from this

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good game could have gone either way, Bissouma was the best player on show.Should have done better first half with the chances we had.Thought your support was very good.Hope we learn from this

The owners may not get on, but there’s little ill feeling here towards your club.

Good luck for the season ahead (accept when you visit us).

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have a flat opposite the new ground no one ever mentioned Brentford fc before they got promoted now everyone in the area appears to be a die hard Brentford fan :lolol:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here