Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brentford fans

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Pretty sure I saw us win at Griffin Park 1-0 with Dean Wilkins scoring direct from a corner , our only shot on target all match . Might just have dreamt it though

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pretty sure I saw us win at Griffin Park 1-0 with Dean Wilkins scoring direct from a corner , our only shot on target all match . Might just have dreamt it though

Must have been up there 4 times at least. One was the classic Glen Thomas game in 98 where he absolutely gifted them their two goals.

John Thomas.jpg

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Should not begrudge Brentford and their loyal fans their optimism. They’ve enjoyed a good start and it’s good to see them promoted. I hope they, as we did last and hopefully this season, rub a few noses out of joint with results against the mega rich clubs and their entitled tourist fanbases.

It’s a new ground, close away day. Can’t wait. :drink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We do seem to struggle at Brentford though - how many times have we won there (FA Cup and Nelse's goal aside)?

I went to Griffin Park three times and saw us lose 3-0, 4-0 and 4-0. I'd be happy with a draw from this

Enjoy these stats in football as they generally mean absolutely feck all! 20 years ago we lost a lot at their old stadium - means the square root of 0!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last time I went to Brentford the precious got upset when Murray didn’t clap the fans.

Don’t know about you bur I still haven’t forgiven him for that :smile:

I wasn’t even there either

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Rather than put them down, read all the posts as though it was a NSC thread at home to Brentford. Suddenly it all sounds so familiar. They give us credit but believe their team can win. Don't we do that every game against #teamslikebrighton?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
When GP coached Swansea he destroyed Thomas Franks Brentford three times through his tactical setup... hopefully will be done again.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Their comments seem pretty balanced to me. Biassed towards their team of course just as ours would be(e). Interesting I saw no mention of Biss.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
We do seem to struggle at Brentford though - how many times have we won there (FA Cup and Nelse's goal aside)?

I went to Griffin Park three times and saw us lose 3-0, 4-0 and 4-0. I'd be happy with a draw from this

Last and only time I’ve been to Brentford we won (Nelson goal) and I’m going next week so relax!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Like others, I've always felt they were a bit of a bogey team. But I've just looked up our head-to-head on soccerbase, and we (marginally) come out on top.

League
Brighton wins: 28
draws: 11
Brentford wins: 23

Cup
Brighton wins: 4 (three FA cup wins)
draws: 3
Brentford wins: 4 (three league cup wins)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here