Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breivik insane or guilty

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
His stage is finally about to close, he gets one last chance to speak today, the families of the victims will all walk out when he does.

How do people think it will go, will he be declared insane or guilty.

He wants to be found guilty so on that basis i would purely declare him insane, that said this whole trial has pissed me of so much

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
This guy has already had more media coverage than he deserves. Which sadly is what he wanted. I hope they find him guilty, lock him up and throw away the key!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Can someone who did what he did be sane ?? I'm not sure, I do know that if someone close to me were one of the victims I wouldnt want to think of him in some cushy mental institution.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Certain situations IMO deserve capital punishments...only if proven to not be insane.

CP would be an easy escape for him.. He is 100% guilty and insane (he must be). He still knew what he was doing on that day and must be locked up for the rest of his days, 24/7 lock up and no outside contact with the world. Let him stew in his own piss!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
CP would be an easy escape for him.. He is 100% guilty and insane (he must be). He still knew what he was doing on that day and must be locked up for the rest of his days, 24/7 lock up and no outside contact with the world. Let him stew in his own piss!

Yes- agreed

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They were saying on tv this morning that if found insane he would go away for life (subject to periodic reviews) but if found guilty it would be 22 years

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I for one do not think he is insane and knew exactly what he was doing and he wanted coverage for 'his cause', however, morally wrong that is. He wants to be declared sane so he can live in the glory of what he has done, however, I feel they will declare him insane so he is sent to a mental institution for the rest of his days which is his nightmare and this is the least he deserves for his actions. Once this is done and dusted he deserves no further airtime and should just be confined to the history books.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton

True, but it depends. If the Prison's are anything like they are in the UK he has it too f***ing easy. Should be chucked into a Mexican prison, then he'll get what he deserves.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Under Norwegian law if he is guilty he can only be imprisoned for 21 years max and would be out at age 53 unless they change the law. If he is insane he will be reviewed every 3 years and if found " cured " can be released. That is the dimlemma. He is detached from society, dehumanised and desensitised from normal emotions and that was a conscious course of action he took by withdrawing from society and playing violent video games for a year in his mothers spare bedroom. The planning and execution was meticulous. Thats the problem with this, he is very intelligent, quiet, polite and well spoken and not your typical " nutter "

By the definition of what he did that day under any observation of humanity he was insane and under that rule the whole of the nazi regime and final solution was insane for years. How could so many people be implicit in that for so long ?

Its a tough call but I think he will be found to be insane if only to put that mark on his ideology and his actions that day. I can't see that they can come up with any other verdict. To declare him sane it gives validity to his beliefs and actions which is why he wants this verdict. The trial does not sicken me, on the contrary , it has shown the Norwegians in a superb light as an example to follow the rules even though every single relative in that court room wanted to kill him.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Under Norwegian law if he is guilty he can only be imprisoned for 21 years max and would be out at age 53 unless they change the law. If he is insane he will be reviewed every 3 years and if found " cured " can be released. That is the dimlemma. He is detached from society, dehumanised and desensitised from normal emotions and that was a conscious course of action he took by withdrawing from society and playing violent video games for a year in his mothers spare bedroom. The planning and execution was meticulous. Thats the problem with this, he is very intelligent, quiet, polite and well spoken and not your typical " nutter "

By the definition of what he did that day under any observation of humanity he was insane and under that rule the whole of the nazi regime and final solution was insane for years. How could so many people be implicit in that for so long ?

Its a tough call but I think he will be found to be insane if only to put that mark on his ideology and his actions that day. I can't see that they can come up with any other verdict. The trial does not sicken me, on the contrary , it has shown the Norwegians in a superb light as an example to follow the rules even though every single relative in that court room wanted to kill him.
All of this.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
They were saying on tv this morning that if found insane he would go away for life (subject to periodic reviews) but if found guilty it would be 22 years

very much doubt that he would walk out after 22 years. I think that the guards would accidently forget to lock his cell door one night (and a few others) as the end of his sentence approached.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost

For each young life he took he would receive 4 months :nono:

Its a tough call but I think he will be found to be insane if only to put that mark on his ideology and his actions that day. I can't see that they can come up with any other verdict. To declare him sane it gives validity to his beliefs and actions which is why he wants this verdict. The trial does not sicken me, on the contrary , it has shown the Norwegians in a superb light as an example to follow the rules even though every single relative in that court room wanted to kill him.

Top post US.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere

Totally agree. He is a text-book psychopath, with no sense of remorse or guilt. However, I do hope they don't waste funds trying to 'cure' him because there is plenty of evidence that sociopaths and psychopaths can't be 'cured'. They just play along with the psychiatrist, play games with them even.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Correct

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Very perceptive. Totally agree

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here