Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BREAKING NEWS - New manager unveiled

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
Cafu Appointed Albion Boss
Posted on: Thu 26 Feb 2009

Club Press Release

In an ambitious appointment, Albion are appointing ex Brazilian international Cafu as manager with immediate effect.

Chairman Dick Knight explained, "This decision has not been taken lightly, but the Board feel we need a manager with a wealth of playing experience to save the club from relegation and push us forward."

"Cafu was a model professional and when he played, many could see that he had the required abilities to make a top manager and we are delighted that he has accepted the offer to learn his trade here."

Cafu has agreed a three-year deal with Albion and will bring in fellow Brazilian Romário as his assistant manager, with Dean White demoted to a coaching role.

Cafu is the most capped Brazian of all-time with 143 caps, including 21 World Cup finals appearences. He won two World Cups with Brazil as well as being the first and to this day the only player to participate in three World Cup final matches.

He has also enjoyed a succesful club career making 168 appearences for AS Roma and 123 appearences for AC Milan where he also won the UEFA Champions League in 2007.

Cafu said, "I have wanted to break into the coaching side of football for a long time now and therefore am delighted to have the chance to manage Brighton and Hove Albion who are a side with great potential."

"I look forward to working alongside Romário, the players and the rest of the coaching staff to save the club from relegation and try to get the club up the league before the new stadium is built".

More news on this story later

Cafu signs the contract with Brighton chariman Dick Knight

Cafu and Knight walk to the press conference

Brighton announce Cafu as the new manager in the press conference

Cafu poses for the cameras with chairman Dick Knight

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
:laugh: If Dick comes on here, he'll be confused now and wondering, "hang on, did I actually appoint this guy?". If so, he might think the search is over and stop....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Christ someone has far too much time on their hands

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats marvellous

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
What are you guys on about?

Its on the argus website right now..

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Earlier on today I thought you were on a WIND UP but you've put your money where your mouth is and provided cold hard evidence to prove BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT that the great man IS to guide our lucky club back up the league.

HOORAY.

Cafu Cafu Cafu!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here