Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brasseye or Nathan Barley or The Day Today?

Which is funnier?

• The Day Today

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Brasseye

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Nathan Barley

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • NONE of them are funny...can I vote Last of the Summer Wine?

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
London Irish said:
Nathan Barley is by far the greatest thing he's done. On a completely different level to the rest.

The breadth of his latest targets is truly amazing.

Are you quadra-spazzed on a life plug?!?

Barley is good but Brass Eye is on a different level to anything I've ever seen on tv. Are you honestly telling me you laugh as much at NB as you do at lines such as "You haven't got a clue have you, but you will do if you listen for half an hour!"

The Day Today for me, simply because it was the first real time we see the creative genius that is Morris on tv - erh, that's Chris, not Ritchie!

However, I seem to recall laughing my nuts off at his Radio One show that he did prior to The Day Today. He was interviewing Cliff Richard on it and half way through just said something like "Suck Christ's cock", then there was the time he fooled people in thinking Michael Hesaltine (I think) had died and got them to do obituries on air to him! Then there was the time he sent his roving sidekick off to Gatwick and Heathrow and got the announcers to, erh, announce, silly names. Things like "I have farted and shit my pants", "Must have a wank" etc etc. Totally juvenile, totally pointless, but totally f*cking hilarious! I remember the last one being on air as I drove back from Leicester one night following our Coca-Cola cup win, the one when that useless right-back of ours, Stuart Munday scored a 25 yard screamer!

Freddie Star - sort of like, the original Bill Hicks.

Chesney Christ said:
Are you quadra-spazzed on a life plug?!?

Barley is good but Brass Eye is on a different level to anything I've ever seen on tv. Are you honestly telling me you laugh as much at NB as you do at lines such as "You haven't got a clue have you, but you will do if you listen for half an hour!"

The lines in Nathan Barley have been fantastic, and it's the particular mix of language and irony that makes this show so brilliant. Laughing at the funny words is nice and it's great that Chris Morris fans like you and I get such a kick out of that. But take note that we have a central character in Nathan who just goes through life laughing at funny words as if that's all that's important :lolol: The show Nathan Barley has a far more ambitious brief than that, it's an attack on a certain kind of cultural values that has been overdue for a fair while now. It goes way beyond the limitations of Morris's previous satires of the pomposities of broadcast jounalism and celebrity idiocy. It demands more of its audience than his previous shows, but given that's it's an attack on the celebration of dumbed-down, valueless postmodern idiocy, there is a nice irony in that too :thumbsup:

Interestingly, there is even an element of self-critique in his own use of words like "quadra-spazzed". :D Notice how the Idiots are given all those hilarious disabled jokes?

While episode 2 was perhaps had about 10 minutes of padding in it, all the other episodes have been perfect.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Nathan Barley - because i haven't seen the other 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here