Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brandon Williams

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
It wouldn’t be a massive surprise if we bring a player in as cover for that left back role with the idea of them eventually being our first choice. It’s the one position we lack depth in.

If Brandon’s available and it’s a good price he could be the right option and would be HG. Not all our signings can be flair prospects from South America unfortunately.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Don't think he is as bad as some say he is, but I think him being right-footed pretty much rules it out.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Don't think he is as bad as some say he is, but I think him being right-footed pretty much rules it out.

He is but still time to develop and I hope he is ruled out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
C9FB4470-9C2C-48E6-A2CA-A3A7617EEE7F.png

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
You know when you meet someone or see someone and you just think that there is something about that person you just don't like? Well that's the vibe I get with him for some reason!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You know when you meet someone or see someone and you just think that there is something about that person you just don't like? Well that's the vibe I get with him for some reason!

Me too.

But then I watched this:

https://youtu.be/QclxYAFXJ5w

Genuine pace.
Strength is good enough for the EPL.
Passing is crisp, progressive and accurate.
Seems to be fine in the air.

Potter will improve this guy if we sign him.

A replacement for Cucu? No, I’d feel really short changed.

A back-up for Cucu and £10m Potter development project (he is a 21 yr old with 47 EPL appearances)? Sure, I think that’s tremendous business.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I like Brandon Willams purely because of this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZTT6-uc5rs

Looks like he’s going to knock the other player out, realises it’s Eriksen and just gives him a hug. Good moment.

As a player, he looked decent when he broke into the United team. Has stalled a bit but most players have gone backwards at United in recent years. I’d 100% back Potter to get more out of him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I hope it’s not true

I don't believe any of them until Naylor pipes up. The problem is that one outlet reports it then it gets picked up by others.

I'll just assume it's tosh until it gets reported in a reliable outlet.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

I always considered him a bit of a thug when he broke through at Man Utd. Were he to become our thug, usual rules would apply. He'd become a hard, but fair no nonsense defender, doing his job in a professional way.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe I'm sentimental, or maybe I'm just less keen on change in my old age, but I feel that even without Cucu (and I'd really like him to stay) we have enough combinations of players who can 'do' the left side for us - Clarke, Webster (right footed, but likes playing on the left), March, Alzate, Mitoma and even Trossard. If we go for this player (and if the club think that is the best move I'm all in favour .... but) who does that mean we have to unload? I'd like all of them to succeed at The Albion in 22-23 !

Que sirrah sirrah and all that.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I had a friend in college named Brandon who got into trouble for leading a panty raid on one of the sorority houses. Nice dude but kind of a dumbass.

Anyway... I think this kid could be solid business even if Cucurella stays; always need depth. And as always I trust Bloom and Potter and what they think is best.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm sorry? We have just had a first season for donkey's years with a left back/left wing back who is truly left footed and can drop the ball in to the penalty box to land on a sixpence. Now we're thinking about trying with a right footed player or, God forbid, Webster? Just no, no and no.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm sorry? We have just had a first season for donkey's years with a left back/left wing back who is truly left footed and can drop the ball in to the penalty box to land on a sixpence. Now we're thinking about trying with a right footed player or, God forbid, Webster? Just no, no and no.

Thnking about it, yes, That's what we'd have to do if Cucu goes. There aren't that many like for like replacements out there. If there is one, hopefully Citeh will find him and sign him.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I had a friend in college named Brandon who got into trouble for leading a panty raid on one of the sorority houses. Nice dude but kind of a dumbass.

Anyway... I think this kid could be solid business even if Cucurella stays; always need depth. And as always I trust Bloom and Potter and what they think is best.

What's a panty raid (my mind boggles), and what's a sorority house?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here