Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brajan Gruda **SINGED 14 Aug 2024**

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Player intermediary speaks with club intermediary. I expect there are a hundred ways around this rule if it is even a rule (never been bothered to check).

Exactly. Someone approaches him and says something like, if Brighton were to come in for you and offer you £50k a week, would you be interested? Simple yes/no would save a lot of time.

Example is Caicedo and Liverpool. We'd negotiated a better deal with Liverpool than Chelsea offered. Caicedo turned it down. Yes it worked out because Chelsea are mugs and offered more. However, how much time and effort did we put into the negotiations with Liverpool when Caicedo had zero interest in joining?

Tbf, there's photos of Caicedo as a kid in a Chelsea kit and he's always been a fan of them. But still it could have gone tits up and Chelsea pulled out etc.... Either way, running the idea past the player first is not a bad idea.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Exactly. Someone approaches him and says something like, if Brighton were to come in for you and offer you £50k a week, would you be interested? Simple yes/no would save a lot of time.

Example is Caicedo and Liverpool. We'd negotiated a better deal with Liverpool than Chelsea offered. Caicedo turned it down. Yes it worked out because Chelsea are mugs and offered more. However, how much time and effort did we put into the negotiations with Liverpool when Caicedo had zero interest in joining?

Tbf, there's photos of Caicedo as a kid in a Chelsea kit and he's always been a fan of them. But still it could have gone tits up and Chelsea pulled out etc.... Either way, running the idea past the player first is not a bad idea.
Hopefully there are now lots of kids in Africa and South America in Albion kit who dream of playing for US :wink:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We were willing to go to 40 for Kudos, weren't we? We spent 33 on a 19 year-old with just a year in the Dutch league.

Is £42 million including all add-ons out of the question for Gruda?
We've got the money and wages won't be silly.
Mainz05’s record departure fee is only £23.5m.

We really won’t have to go to £42m but I suspect it’ll be over £30m.

If the player wants to join Hürzeler on the sunny south coast in England (which seems more than possible), I think a deal can be done. Perhaps soon.

Last edited:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Mainz05’s record departure fee is £23.5m.

We really won’t have to go that high but I suspect it’ll be over £30m.

If the player wants to join Hürzeler on the sunny south coast in England (which seems more than possible), I think a deal can be done. Perhaps soon.
Supposedly they rejected €40m from Bayern already but that might be hearsay.

We're really splashing the cash this window but I suppose it makes sense. We are operating from a position of PSR strength in a market which as a result is less competitive.

Get your purchases in before your sales so that you're not held to ransom.

There will be a solid chunk of change incoming from Gross, Undav, Sima, Dahoud maybe a couple of Gilmour, Igor, Sarmiento, Lamptey etc. I think a big money/big name sale is unlikely but the cumulative income from others won't be negligible - we have a LOT of players at the moment.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Just what we need - another left-footed winger who plays on the right.

Can he play right back?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here