Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brajan Gruda **SINGED 14 Aug 2024**

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
This isn’t supposed to be ironic (given we played part of last season with no fit wingers) but how many wingers do we need?!!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Romano and Plettenburg are surely being buttered by Gruda’s agent!

Is the agent putting our name out there as bait in the hope a big fish comes along, gazumps us and bends his rod? I doubt it. The mention of Hürzeler indicates to me that young Brojan could be a potential Fabi-disciple and that he wants to be part of the project. Contrast this with Kudus who was only looking for a stepping stone and cared not for a De Zerbi cuddle.

It’s a shame that there is no rumoured contact with Mainz05 but that may not be the case in reality.

This could be a transfer record for us. It might need to be if we are to sign him.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
For reference these are Mainz top transfer sales.

1000013652.png

€28m is £23.6m, so anything around that price is historically within our budget.

(A cautionary word of warning, Jean-Philippe Gbamin cost Everton €25m, made 2 Premier League starts and is now without a club.)

Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think this lad is a bit special. I don’t think we’d be paying around that price.

Think this 👇🏻

You may be right, but anything that guy says regarding money would be coming from the agent or the selling club, not from Lancing.

That €40m is likely the top end including add-ons that may never be achieved, the actual initial fee is probably 25% less.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Does anyone else feel like if this one happens then Pascal will probably go?

Hopefully not and it would be a case if he gets a year to learn from him. However, we would be seriously stacked in attacking midfielders and wingers. Someone would probably be on their way out I’d guess.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Are the rules on tapping up no longer a thing?. All these Twitter rumour mongers report on sound like illegal approaches to me.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Hopefully not and it would be a case if he gets a year to learn from him. However, we would be seriously stacked in attacking midfielders and wingers. Someone would probably be on their way out I’d guess.
What’s becoming clear to me is that Hürzeler wants to use his St Pauli tactics and formation on our squad. For this to happen, we need a new midfield.

Like with Potter when he favoured centre midfielders as wingers and centre backs as full backs, Hürzeler has some unique challenges for the recruitment team to solve.

But, as with Hughton, Potter and RDZ there is one man who is essential in midfield. Pascal Groß. If Hürzeler was not desperate for him to stay, he’d be a Dortmund player by now.

We’ve been after a player like Gruda for some time with failed bids for KDH and Rutter. We are clearly looking for someone to play attacking midfield (left footed if possible) who’ll bag up on assists and goals. I’m incredibly hopeful that Groß is the man for that this season and that he’ll stay. Hopefully Gruda would be the long term replacement as he is so young.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Are the rules on tapping up no longer a thing?. All these Twitter rumour mongers report on sound like illegal approaches to me.
I think those rules are as much acknowledged by everyone as the 70mph speed limit is on our motorways. They are all at it.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I think we’d be buying this lad as an attacking midfielder.

View attachment 185745

His highlights reels indicate a very accomplished passer of the ball. The fact he can fill in other roles makes him seemingly ideal for our new manager.

Romano can be full of cheese but I hope there is some truth in this rumour.
Which could suggest he’s being considered as a replacement for Gross if we fail to keep hold of him ?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon

Gilmour according to rumours

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here