Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Braintree V Brighton

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What with all the excitement with the creekit, what's happening in the soccerball?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Half-time score: Braintree 0, Albion 1 (Savage 45).

The starting line-up: Sullivan; Fogden, Elphick, Cobbs, Mayo; Gatting, Oatway, El-Abd, Lost; Savage, Revell.

Didn't realise this one was a reserve fixture.

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
Looks like a classic goal!

"Albion took the lead on the stroke of half-time when hapless Braintree goalkeeper Micky Morgan blasted an attempted clearance against Bas Savage and saw the ball fly past him into the net."

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007

The starting line-up: Sullivan; Fogden, Elphick, Cobbs, Mayo; Gatting, Oatway, El-Abd, Lost; Savage, Revell.

who is lost?? do they mean loft, but he played last night ???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I expect the first team will be on later.

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
4-0

Albion took the chance to show off their strength in depth (!) in tonight's friendly at Conference South outfit Braintree Town.

Reserve keeper John Sullivan was in goal and the back four included youngsters Wes Fogden, on the right, and Sonny Cobbs, in the centre.

Alex Revell was a popular figure for fans at the Essex ground as he returned to the club where he used to star as a non-league goal-getter.

Charlie Oatway again started as he continued his return to full fitness while Joe Gatting had a right-sided role.

Albion took the lead on the stroke of half-time when hapless Braintree goalkeeper Micky Morgan blasted an attempted clearance against Bas Savage and saw the ball fly past him into the net.

Albion made it 2-0 on 59 minutes when Kerry Mayo's corner was only punched by the keeper as far as Revell and the striker's fierce shot on the turn flew in via an upright.

Six minutes later Savage added his second of the game, pouncing on a rebound after Gatting had a header partially saved.

Two minutes later Savage turned provider for substitute Lloyd Skinner to add a fourth.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Gatting on the right again, second time already in pre-season, or was it 3 up front

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
Has Bas dropped down the pecking order now that we have Forster? he doesn't seem to have been involved with the players you would expect in the first team this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here