Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bradley Wright Phillips

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Glad we have played them twice as he may help them take some points off of other teams at the top and increase competition for the runners up and play off places.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Plus money for Plymouth to stave off administration and us not lose the points we won v them.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
How can they afford to buy anyone? they not poor as f*** still?

Got taken over on New Year's Eve. We've been up for sale for four or five years now. No idea who actually owns us now tbh (the supposed 'owners' are owned by a Swiss company and rumour is the real money is either Middle Eastern or Eastern European and at least partly oil-related). But if we can afford to buy the top scorer in the division, I'll take it while we can. At least we won't have to drink real ale and read poetry next sesaon, no matter what division we're in, you don't-know-how-lucky-you-are twunts x

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Got taken over on New Year's Eve. We've been up for sale for four or five years now. No idea who actually owns us now tbh (the supposed 'owners' are owned by a Swiss company and rumour is the real money is either Middle Eastern or Eastern European and at least partly oil-related). But if we can afford to buy the top scorer in the division, I'll take it while we can. At least we won't have to drink real ale and read poetry next sesaon, no matter what division we're in, you don't-know-how-lucky-you-are twunts x

Good goodness, apart from the mispelling of 'season' I'm quite well spelled/punctuated even when I'm in my cups. PS Yes we now have money, still have £30m-odd of debt somewhere (down from £45m-odd and rising when we fell from the Elysian Fields of the Premier League) but all kind of parked away for a few years like the costs of Falmer is. Only difference is we don't know who really owns us. No wait, that's exactly the same as you really isn't it (come on, even the world's best poker player can't fish £93m out of his arse, surely?). But we're as happy as you to cough and clap along and not ask questions if it helps us out of our current (nowhere near as bad as yours, admittedly, given Archer/Withdean etc) predicament.

Hurrah for "local businessmen" who can somehow find millions of pounds for wages/players/stadia when the rich lists say they're worth about £2.50. Let's all ride the wave and not worry about ending up staring into a Pompey/Palace style black-hole of debt (when the secret backers do a runner) two or three years down the line, yeah? :(

Ho hum, miserable me, every up has to have a down eventually, but, in the short term... everything's good, you're top and we've got Bradley Wright-Phillips, so yay! And so on...

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well one day you may be able to say "I told you so" fataddick. But I doubt it. We have had a large slice of good fortune with Tony Bloom. Trying to make our two situations look similar to yours makes you sound a little bitter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here