Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza Tweet

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Lumme!

(anyone know what that originates from?)

Anyway, back on track, I am quite fond of the occasional 'Gawd lumme' or an even more occasional 'fish hooks and firebuckets'.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think it was Paul Konchesky but our scouting unit had a change of heart after reading from NSC's experts that he was the worst ever player in the premier league

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Trouble is you put the parachute payments there and teams are going to misuse them.

I'm pretty sure they aren't given to teams for this purpose.

They are not, but we are always told teams will go bust without them :lolol:

They should be a last resort which can be dipped into if a team is in trouble, but at the cost of a transfer embago.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that QPR are a team whose Chairman will ignore the FFP even if the parachute payments run out. I am sure there will be another couple at least who do so as well, they will not all play it by the book..

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Trouble is you put the parachute payments there and teams are going to misuse them.

I'm pretty sure they aren't given to teams for this purpose.

I completely agree with you: the system is there to be abused. That amount of wastage sickens me, quite frankly.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I am convinced the parachute payment system will get badly abused and only create a sleazy monster that completely discriminates against Clubs who comply with FFP.

In 2 or 3 years if not sooner there will be outcry and the whole thing will need to be rowed back - if that is possible as those who are depending on PP as their safety net will cry foul themselves. Another lawyer fest.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I totally agree with Andy Naylor's tweet from the end of July, after Spanish and Agustien signed.

"still, in my opinion, need a senior left-back, another creative midfielder and ideally a different striker option"

Do we have any news of another IN yet?

We were getting a new Left Back, who was supposed to be English. Has this fallen through ? ???

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
I think that QPR are a team whose Chairman will ignore the FFP even if the parachute payments run out. I am sure there will be another couple at least who do so as well, they will not all play it by the book..

Aren't we set to pocket about 2m if they go straight back up due to FFP? That'll do me and I'd want them to go up for that reason

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here