Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza tweet - free agent Alou Diarra

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Like most of the objectors I thought that he did and was stopped from further attending. Sorry if I got it wrong.

Nope. He was granted permission, but whether as a result of the response to the news, or just because he didn't get sorted before the permission was retracted, it was reported he never showed up.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
A certain sir alex ferguson coming out of retirement for a new challenge ?

Thag would help us forget the finn pretty quickly

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It could be Lionel Messi, give him a fortnight and if he hasn't score 6 hattricks 67% of NSC will hate him

Lionel Messi? I wouldn't want him, lightweight, like the rest of our attack, what we need is a good old fashioned English centre forward like Billy Paynter

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Looking at the article in the Argus about 'midfield nous' I suspect it's Keith Andrews. Naylor seems to be in the know. In the circumstances it probably isn't a bad move. We seem to be spending quite a bit on supporting Hyypia with knee jerk signings. I can't see how Andrews would fit into the team as Ince is probably our best holding midfielder but Andrews would bring some experience which would be useful. #paperingoverthecracks

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looking at the article in the Argus about 'midfield nous' I suspect it's Keith Andrews. Naylor seems to be in the know. In the circumstances it probably isn't a bad move. We seem to be spending quite a bit on supporting Hyypia with knee jerk signings. I can't see how Andrews would fit into the team as Ince is probably our best holding midfielder but Andrews would bring some experience which would be useful. #paperingoverthecracks

It's not Andrews. I'd be surprised if Naylor knew about this player, even now. That said it'll now he his 6am article published whilst I'm asleep and the one I've written sits unpublished.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's not Andrews. I'd be surprised if Naylor knew about this player, even now. That said it'll now he his 6am article published whilst I'm asleep and the one I've written sits unpublished.

So it's done and announced tomo?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So it's done and announced tomo?

All I know is someone will be on trial. I suspect they'll have to prove themselves. The thing with free agents is they may not have played recently.

I doubt very much there will be a formal announcement tomorrow, but media will report details of the player when they know, I imagine.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yes they were but didnt show any views of mine other than it is those that wish to be seen as PC that object hence the problems at Sheff Utd. I dont agree with him joining us as the objections would be too great, but could see a club like Brentford signing him because if 50% of their support objected it wouldnt make much difference, especially if he scored enough to get them promoted.

The objectors like usual, are the noisiest.

1) We are not signing Ched Evans (who, incidentally, has zero track record in the Championship anyway).

2) Nor are we signing Keith bloody Andrews.

3) Or Thierry Henry. Thierry bloody Henry! :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here