Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boyd & McCann

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm currently listening to Roar.
The boys are talking about penalty takers, going on to mention McCann taking P/boro's, while CMS was there.

Which reminds me unless I missed the threads, there didn't seem to be any:-

'Must sign McCann and/or Boyd' threads, after Tuesday nights match.

I take it, signing those two has finally been put to bed, because we are now a better team.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think I know what you are trying to say. But in all the games I have seen against us Boyd has looked lively and dangerous tho faded in the 2nd half against us on Tuesday.

D

Deleted member 18477

i'd still take boyd and mcCann! we still have harley FFS and both are better than him!

D

Deleted member 18477

But Harley is barely ever making the bench so why compare them to him?

For me, they were both poor on Tuesday.

Because gus isnt looking to move him on like he is with sparrow... obviously still in gus' crazy plans!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think I know what you are trying to say. But in all the games I have seen against us Boyd has looked lively and dangerous tho faded in the 2nd half against us on Tuesday.

Was he any better in the first half? They bypassed their midfield completely whenever they got the ball, lumping up to the 2 big lads who generally won it, as we didn't have El Abd playing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Likewise, I think he won every header he went for.

Because El Abd wasnt playing as he would have stopped him winning the ball but he did nothing with the headers. El Abd isnt the tallest of centre backs but the manner in which he competes for the balls in the air stop a bigger man getting at them.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea

Yes he was their best player and worryingly upjumped Greer with ease at the back post in firsthalf but headed lamely at the big pole.

I thought McCann looked useful but he picked up a knock and was subbed quite early in 2nd half - Boyd was nowhere.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
Because El Abd wasnt playing as he would have stopped him winning the ball but he did nothing with the headers. El Abd isnt the tallest of centre backs but the manner in which he competes for the balls in the air stop a bigger man getting at them.

Irrelevant really though isn't it? Seeing as El-Abd wasn't there, Barnett won most of the headers against our back four on Tuesday night.

I would imagine Barnett would have loved to be playing for us on Tuesday with the amount of crosses we put over, he would cetainly have got on the end of some of them

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Because gus isnt looking to move him on like he is with sparrow... obviously still in gus' crazy plans!

We paid quite a bit for him though so I imagine we have to at least pretend to make him part of the plan or you wipe a huge chunk off the value of the player.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003

Yep, I couldn't help but think that maybe we should have gone in from him when he was just up the road a Crawley. Big, strong, quick and powerful. He'd at least give us a different option.

D

Deleted member 18477

We paid quite a bit for him though so I imagine we have to at least pretend to make him part of the plan or you wipe a huge chunk off the value of the player.

he's done that himself as hes proper dogshit :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Peterborough paid £1m for him plus add ons do you think he was worth that amount of money taking into account he won the headers and did F A with them and didn't look like he would score with one

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We already have one thread slating the club captain and player with overall responsibility for the tightest defence in the division.

I don't see the need for further NSC binfestary on a thread ABOUT ANOTHER SIDE.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
he's done that himself as hes proper dogshit :lolol:

The game on Tuesday night reminded me of the corresponding fixture last season, which, for me, was pretty forgettable. Apart from Harley's free kick, ironically...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We already have one thread slating the club captain and player with overall responsibility for the tightest defence in the division.

I don't see the need for further NSC binfestary on a thread ABOUT ANOTHER SIDE.

When has 'need' ever come into the equation in relation to an NSC binfest?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here