Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boycott the Withdean

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Starting with the next home game until we can start to win games at home.

God there are some complete morons out there!

Wouldn't the exact opposite be better in trying to help the team to get possitive results - turning up in numbers and CHEERING and Encouraging the side on, rather than sitting there moaning about the odd misplaced pass or if they believe that Kuipers should have released the ball earlier, despite there being no-one to release it too, etc.

We played well today, we deserved at least a point, we were positive in our play and only lost due to a mistake, we will get plenty of points before the end of the season and we WILL NOT be relegated.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I haven't read the thread, except the opening post, and I guess most are wondering what this course of action will achieve.

I can't see how us not turning up will help the club in any way, shape or form. Whilst I agree with the sentiment that SOMETHING needs to change, I don't think an empty stadium will necessarily be a motivation to our brave boys in the stripes.

One such solution could be, as mentioned in the match thread, a decent sports psychologist or even a hypnotist to try and work out and solve what happens to the lads when they play at Withdean. Oh and a left winger, and maybe some amphetamines given out at the turnstiles to help the crowd out of their comas.

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
If the crowds start dwindling to fewer and fewer then Mr Bloom will start to wonder why he ever bothered trying to help the club. If there is less than NO chance of him even breaking even at some point in the future then why would he continue to subsidise the club? He'd simply have to cut his losses and pull out before hemorrhaging even more money. And then we'd be even more f***ed

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003

What a clever, inventive person you are to come up with a thread like this. Given we actually played some good stuff today I think you need to invest your creativity elsewhere.

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
no true fan would even think about this we have to support and follow their team no matter what other wise it is pointless being a fan DONT BOYCOTT WITHDEAN they need us

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Don't usually post these days but have to have my 2 pence worth here. Boycotting Withdean will no benefit anyone and no true Brighton fan could do that I hope......however the club has to take some responsibility for the way the stewards are clearly affecting the atmosphere and general feeling towords the club. The club can not have any complaint about people not going to games at Withdean if supporters are going to be constantly persecuted and bullied by over the top/unecessary stewarding with double standards. First time I ever sat in H block today and could'nt believe how bad/hypocritical the stewarding was....not once did they bother to try and get the away supporters to sit down, far too interested in giving Brighton fans a hard time. This is obviously now becoming an issue that impacts on support and revenue for the club and obviously time now its addressed seriously. Can't help but feel the club should treat its supporters with a bit more respect before it alienates them for good and let's be honest, paying £23 for that standard of ground, the club should be f***ing grateful we are still there in the first place!!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Big G it's boring. The stewards are fine . It's only the pricks in H block that have a problem and to be fair with half the drivel they have to put up with , I'm suprised the stewards haven't gone in harder.

If you want to sing and not have that shit and whats more have a cracking view then sit in the centre

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having no friends, I thought it might be fun winding up the simple on NSC. It is true, I masterbate not only for a hobby but a living! One day I might get down to a game but in the mean time I will have a go at the team that Mr Bloom is throwing money at and Gus is moulding

Don't know why everyone is arguing with GG, I think his points are valid!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here