Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

boycott the oldham game

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: boycott the oldham game

Yorkie said:
Do you reckon we can get 1pt or 3?

I'm buying you new rose tinted glasses Yorks, the last pair seem to have worn out. :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: boycott the oldham game

dougdeep said:
I'm buying you new rose tinted glasses Yorks, the last pair seem to have worn out. :)

More realistic nowadays doug.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lynch won't be fit (glandular fever knocks you out for a few weeks)
no right back (O'C has gone back)
no Hammond
and no Savage (out for the next two games with ligament damage)

How are we going to win or even draw the next two games?

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
Re: Re: Re: Re: boycott the oldham game

Frutos said:
In response to that, I'd say look at the bigger picture.

10 years ago, we were in the gravest dnager of dropping out of the league (and if that had happened, out of existence in all probability), and while no-one would be stupid enough to argue that we're playing great (or even good) football right now, the fact is that we have a team, we're in the third tier of English football and we have some hope of a good future (in the shape of Falmer).

10 years ago, people would have given their right arms for the club to be where we are now, and compared to what went on then, the way things are now is paradise.

We should be pleased and grateful that we still have a team to support, and should support them at every chance we get.

Just my opinion, of course.
thats so right, what do people want? we had 2 championships and a play final win since we got to withdean.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: boycott the oldham game

Sammy the seagull said:
thats so right, what do people want? we had 2 championships and a play final win since we got to withdean.

It's true we've had a great time. We could have kept hold of it too with some better decisions made by several different people.

reuters

Feb 15, 2007
Brighton
this is childish. why avoid a game? so the team is not playing great they are our team and we are ment to support them!

i intend to go and enjoy my last game as a season ticket holder before i move up north

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
reuters said:
this is childish. why avoid a game? so the team is not playing great they are our team and we are ment to support them!

i intend to go and enjoy my last game as a season ticket holder before i move up north

and we can celebrate afterwards for staying up!:lolol: :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The big thin g in our favour is that Chesterfields only hope of staying up is to beat Bradford next week and Oldham away the following week and hope that Cheltenham lose at Rotherham and at home to us and Bradford lose their last game as well at home to Millwall.

I think that Chesterfield vs Bradford will be a draw which will make us safe irrespecve..

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
supaseagull said:
and we can celebrate afterwards for staying up!:lolol: :lolol:
Sounds like a plan.....:clap2: :drink:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
reuters said:
this is childish. why avoid a game?

Of course it's childish. The thread starter got exactly the reaction he was fishing for.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Re: Re: Re: Re: boycott the oldham game

Frutos said:
In response to that, I'd say look at the bigger picture.

10 years ago, we were in the gravest dnager of dropping out of the league (and if that had happened, out of existence in all probability), and while no-one would be stupid enough to argue that we're playing great (or even good) football right now, the fact is that we have a team, we're in the third tier of English football and we have some hope of a good future (in the shape of Falmer).

10 years ago, people would have given their right arms for the club to be where we are now, and compared to what went on then, the way things are now is paradise.

We should be pleased and grateful that we still have a team to support, and should support them at every chance we get.

Just my opinion, of course.
Thats a fair point:D

I disagree as far to often on here people keep blabbing on about the grim old days,how about the great days in the late 70's and early 80's????

Im not grateful for where we are as a club as i have ambition and what us in a new stadium and the premiership.thats my opinion of course.

New chairman and a new manager would be a step in the right direction:drink:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: boycott the oldham game

sir albion said:

New chairman and a new manager would be a step in the right direction:drink:

Why? Just because they are different does not make them better.

After all, Bill Archer was a new chairman once upon a time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here