Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boycott McDonalds

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Have to say I am immensely indebted to Ronald MacDonald House who provided great affordable accommodation when my granddaughter was ill in Chicago a couple of years back so not everything is bad

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why hasn't anyone complained to McDonalds UK head office about the "Glad All Over" advert ? Don't they realise its a paedos anthem apart from being the Palace theme song ?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Cunning ploy by McDonalds as we all know everybody eats fried chicken in Croydon. Could be a lucrative market for McDonalds if they can get a toehold as it's clear the manky mob have no taste.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
My brother has had learning difficulties all his life. He is 30 years old and has been unable to hold down any job simply because every other job he went to nobody gave him the time of day.

Eventually Mcdonals gave him a job. He has now been working there for well over a year. He is a cleaner and the job means so much to him.

So yes I know they are this and that, and that advert is bloody bizarre but they where the only ones that gave my brother the time and day and most importantly gave him a job and some money.

My brother has had learning difficulties all his life. He is 30 years old and has been unable to hold down any job simply because every other job he went to nobody gave him the time of day.

Eventually Mcdonals gave him a job. He has now been working there for well over a year. He is a cleaner and the job means so much to him.

So yes I know they are this and that, and that advert is bloody bizarre but they where the only ones that gave my brother the time and day and most importantly gave him a job and some money.

I probably go into McDonald s with the family more times than is good for them but perhaps if someone could come up with a "politically correct" fast food alternative as competition then I would go there. People tend to get a bit up their own backsides about McD's and like to pretend they never go there.

I have fond memories of my organic yoghurt weaving sister in law asking saying to her daughter " we never go into McDonald's do we, why don't we like them?" - I expected an answer along the lines of "because mummy dearest everytime someone eats a McDonald's part of the rainforest withers and an orphan dies" - instead we got "because their chips are really skinny and I like proper ones from the chip shop"! Inside I was laughing lots.

Last edited:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Nothing wrong with Maccy D's from time to time. Everything in moderation is my motto. Their food isn't going to be much different quality than any other fast food chain and their healthier stuff is bloody lush, like the Chicken and Bacon salad. Not to mention the bacon roll, hash brown and tea breakfast meal.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How very dare they!

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
I'm sure mcDonald's is SERIOUSLY worried by this exciting new NSC initiative!!!

Give me an XL bacon double cheeseburger over any maccy d's burger though.

Windels

Jan 15, 2011
Tunbridge Wells
Can I ask, if you're a Vegan, how do you know it's shit food, have you tasted it?

Just curious.

I haven't been a Vegan all my life, and I have had quite a few McDonalds before I turned into one. I love the taste of the Filet o' Fish, but I just hate the company and the shit they put into their food.

My brother writes a blog and he did quite a funny article about nutritional content of McDonald's food, here is the link if you want a read: Link, Yeah?: Hidden Secrets of the McDonalds Menu

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Not stepped inside one since December 1985 when I, Mrs BS & the 'little gulls' went down with food poisoning thanks to McDonalds, Shepherds Bush. An horrendous Christmas with the doctor calling every day [they did in those days!] & the family taking all the Christmas & New Year to recover. Spoilt everybodys holiday season & not a member of the family have set foot in any of their franchises again. Yuk!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here