Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Just found this site: www.boycottgillette.com
True or complete bo**ocks? :lolol: ???

m_r1_c1.jpg

m_r2_c1.jpg
m_r2_c2.jpg

Gillette snaps your photo!?!
Hidden cameras in GILLETTE spy shelves take mug shots of people who pick up their products!

Consumers have asked Gillette to stop putting RFID "spy chips" in their products, but Gillette has ignored our concerns.

Don't let Gillette spy on YOU next!

What is RFID?
RFID stands for Radio Frequency IDentification, a technology that uses tiny computer chips smaller than a grain of sand to track items at a distance.

RFID "spy chips" have been hidden in the packaging of Gillette razor products and in other products you might buy at a local Wal-Mart, Target, or Tesco - and they are already being used to spy on people.

gillette_flint_box.jpg

The tracking system uses sensors hidden under Gillette shelves to detect when products are picked up.

Whenever a shopper picks up a packet of razor blades from a spy shelf, SNAP! A hidden camera secretly takes a closeup photo of the shopper's face. (And a second photo is snapped at the cash register to make sure the product is paid for!)

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Just a bunch of stubble-makers...

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Imagine if they put little cameras on the Top Shelf in newsagents...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What are razors? ???

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I am ok as I shop in Sainsbury!! If I do make the News of the World, however, I was never David Blunkett's nanny!!:D

No, it is real. It's being tested as a method of trying to stop shoplifting, bizarely razors are the single most shoplifted item :ohmy:

It is only being trialed in a few places currently but it is for real. Some Radio 4 programs have been reporting on this for months.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So what happens if you pick them up and then replace them on the shelf.
There are several sorts of Gillette blades and I can never remember exactly which one it is Ned uses (especially if I am doing the shopping after work and am tired) so I may pick up several and replace them until I see the right one.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
So what happens if you pick them up and then replace them on the shelf.
There are several sorts of Gillette blades and I can never remember exactly which one it is Ned uses (especially if I am doing the shopping after work and am tired) so I may pick up several and replace them until I see the right one.

You get a multi-Yorkie photo shoot :clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:
You get a multi-Yorkie photo shoot :clap2:

That'll teach them and probably put them off

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The reason they are the most shoplifted item in Britain is down to the ludicrous price we are charged for them.

Thankfully I only ever buy mine on the continent or off ebay (which is a tip for Mach 3 buyers everywher, take note, it's a damned site cheaper).

I want to boycot Gillette for their history of animal cruelty but once you've tried MAch 3 there really is nothing else like it, annoyingly

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this is nice laugh for a sunday morning. The RFID bit is true, their are supposed to replace bar codes. No real privacy/spying issues here as their range is ~1m. But using it for anti-theft? It wouldnt work. You'd have to move away 1 meter from the shelve before it would trigger. And why not just have a permenant camara? How do you distinguish between those purchased and those stuffed up a jumper round the corner?

Last edited:

I don't know beerhthelm but this photograph thing has been discussed on you and yours and at least one of the science programs on radio 4 over the past few months. It is for real. Not in all shops but there are some out there trailing it apparently.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
A minute camera.That must cost more than the razor blades.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I doubt it.

The hubble telescope costs less than a pack of Mach 3

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
readingstockport said:
No, it is real. It's being tested as a method of trying to stop shoplifting, bizarely razors are the single most shoplifted item :ohmy:

Followed by coffee, apparently.

I remember in Manchester the Spar stores had the razor blades, coffee, cigarettes and booze behind the counter, as they were the most nicked stuff.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Jack Daniels and freeze dried coffee. Apparently coffee is used by heroin addicts who shoot up with it because caffiene is high doses has the same effect.

Weird.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here