Monkees
New Edition
Jackson 5
5ive
Boyzone
Osmonds
N-Sync

Jackson 5 played instruments meaning they had talent :lolol:

Boy Bands are suppossed to just sing so the girls can look at their pretty faces and dance moves.

Which would also count out The Monkees

Tyrone Biggums said:
Jackson 5 played instruments meaning they had talent :lolol:

Boy Bands are suppossed to just sing so the girls can look at their pretty faces and dance moves.

Which would also count out The Monkees

It's hard to come up with a strict definition of boyband innit? Gary Barlow plays instruments, so does George Michael, did everyone in the Jackson 5? Do Westlife dance? I thought they just sat there on stools or maybe swayed from side to side a little. Frequently boybands are organised around one talented musician.

For me, the definition is more around whether they've tried to move beyond their pop audience and gone for something more AOR-ish.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i would say boy bands sing superb songs that inspire thoughts of love. oh, and they have to be all boys, obviously

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I hate Westlife, Boyzone, Ronan Keating and all other related Louis Walsh shite

Just thought I'd point that out in here.

Between them, they've ruined too many songs that were perfectly bloody good before they get anywhere near them: The Dance (Garth Brooks), Easy (Lionel Richie & The Commodores), In This Life (Collin Raye), Desperado (The Eagles), Uptown Girl (Billy Joel), When You Say Nothing At All (Keith Whitley), If Tomorrow Never Comes (Garth Brooks), Words (The Bee Gees)

Just for a start out.

:angry: :angry: :censored: :censored: :angry: :angry:

Ahhh, that feels better

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
It's hard to come up with a strict definition of boyband innit? Gary Barlow plays instruments, so does George Michael, did everyone in the Jackson 5? Do Westlife dance? I thought they just sat there on stools or maybe swayed from side to side a little. Frequently boybands are organised around one talented musician.

For me, the definition is more around whether they've tried to move beyond their pop audience and gone for something more AOR-ish.

Innit??? Can someone explain to me why LI is trying so desperately hard to get down with the kids. Pretending to like boybands, making knob gags:nono: Yet apparently he feels that its the kids that are dragging this place down.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Depends, if it the ones where they have like 5 guys standing there singing with no instruments or anything singing love songs (eg Westlife) then NO cant stand them.

If it is a boyband who play instruments and only have one (maybe sometimes two) lead singers (eg Green Day or Linkin Park (who has two lead singers)) then I like some of them.

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
I don't like boy bands! I used to love Take That but i was about 10 at the time and was totally allowed!

Tesco in Disguise said:
since the beatles, they've all been utter, utter, talentless shite.

That's an interesting point - if they had broken up after their first album, they would probably have gone down in history as a boy band.

But as they went on to develop musically (putting it mildly) beyond pop, then they lost the tag.

The Complete Badger said:
Not too dissimilar from our very own Mancunian fourpiece then?:lolol:

Take That - Bigger than Jesus!*

(*apologies to John Lennon and three billion Christians)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here