Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
BHA.jpg

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks for the suggestions and discussion folks. We will not be leaving early , but will leave from WSU at the final whistle. Can anyone give a rough idea of how long it would take from leaving our seats to being out of the Bridge ?

We only moved from the Uni to the Bridge this season but so fat, I leave the WSU after applauding the team off the pitch, meet my mate outside the ground, walk down to the Bridge and join the queues to get out. I'm usually out onto the A27 around 20 - 25 minutes after the final whistle. The Uni was usually a little quicker but then there were two exits from there rather than just one at the Bridge.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Thanks folks, I think that's me sorted since being on the A27 25 mins after kickoff would be just fine.

Grandma ( and Grandpa, now watching from above ) had season tickets at the Goldstone for decades. But, at 94, she can't get around or see very well any longer. G&G have a brick at the Amex which son will want to see..

Thanks again.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I suspect those who run the parking enforcement arm of the council will see Coldean and Moulsecoomb as a potential cash cow on Boxing Day.

Would it though? I assume wardens will be on triple time: say they have a dozen patrolling the area at £30 an hour - with NIC that would cost about £2000 for a four-hour shift. At £35 a pop, they'd have to catch 60 drivers to make a profit: is that likely?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would it though? I assume wardens will be on triple time: sahhy they have a dozen patrolling the area at £30 an hour - with NIC that would cost about £2000 for a four-hour shift. At £35 a pop, they'd have to catch 60 drivers to make a profit: is that likely?

They could do as Guildford do to out lyeing villages take a car full or minibus and blitz the area during the game for 30 mins then return to the city, no extra staff needed.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
Thanks folks, I think that's me sorted since being on the A27 25 mins after kickoff would be just fine.

Grandma ( and Grandpa, now watching from above ) had season tickets at the Goldstone for decades. But, at 94, she can't get around or see very well any longer. G&G have a brick at the Amex which son will want to see..

Thanks again.

Where does Grandma live?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On a slightly related topic does anyone know when the next batch of live TV games is announced? I guess this could impact on Boxing Day?

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Maybe just park in Coldean ? Yes, I know it's now residents parking on match days but bear with me.

If I remember rightly Bridge costs £15 ? A parking ticket costs £35 if paid early. You're gambling with £20 for convenience and I doubt the wardens will be on duty on Boxing Day.

*** Awaits the inevitable flaming ***

Got a ticket in Brighton last boxing day

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
35 minutes from landing to leaving Gatwick? Obviously has not luggage.

Or trying to get through passport control there.

If he is arriving and flying back on the same day I guess he would only have hand luggage. If it is an internal flight, then you can often be through to the pick up area within 15 minutes of landing. Flying in from abroad hasn't been too bad recently although it always depends on what other flights arrive at the same time.

Of course, whether the flight is actually on time is another matter altogether.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Actually flight is from Dublin. You don't go through passport control or the main immigration - just have to show your boarding pass and march through...usually no queue. And, obviously for a day trip, no luggage. So, if flight is on schedule then timing is realistic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here