Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boxing Day Racing - King George VI Chase

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
Maybe Scanny, can you offer me anything of value or will it be your usual shite?

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I may well concentrate on the horses this year.

Boxing Day football is unpredictable with too many shock results for some reason.Footballers thrown out of their routine? The last couple of years i have done a large wad.Not this time.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm on Kauto as well.
There is a w/o Kauto Star market as well - a have had a small wager on MASTER MEDIC in this at 25/1.

Kauto for the win but will Imperial Commander give him a run for his money like last time, I will be having a tenner e/w on Albertas Run maybe just maybe McCoy can get him in the frame.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Although it is very hard to look past kauto Star I am going to do e/w on Deep purple. I see him as one for the frame and should anything amiss happen to the fave he will be thereabouts. which given my luck this past week, means Deep Purple to fall at the first!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
kauto, with a cheeky each way on imperial commander and madison du berlais

was a little bit tempted by our vic as well, so if he ends up getting place money i will be LIVID

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Its going to be FANTASTIC !.... a fantastic horse is going to win a brilliant race and if it doesn't then another horse will be fantastic and win a brilliant race.
The jockey will be brilliant and the owner will be well deserving and overdue a fantastic win. Everyone who goes will have a fantastic days racing no matter who wins or runs.
All those who watch from home will have the added advantage of the fantastic coverage from ITV or Sky or Channel 4 who every year do a fantastic job on the day with spectacular behind the scenes information.

All in all its going to brilliant, just like it was last year and just like it will be next year. If you do have the great misfortune to miss it there will be other races at other fantastic meetings where people will have a brilliant time. And if you are really unlucky you will just have to wait til monday when there will be another brilliant fantastic days racing and a favourite or another horse will win an awesome race and the jockey and trainer will be so well deserving at a fantastic race track with a truly awesome crowd who always make it an unforgettable experience….. Ad infinitum… yawn.

D

Deleted User X18H

I think Kauto will blunder a la Barton Bank 1994 or pull up. I will be on Barbers Shop.Hope there is not too much injury time at Withers 2.52 is cut off time to peg it along Station Road although mrs will be on delay alert!

Last edited:

Its going to be FANTASTIC !.... a fantastic horse is going to win a brilliant race and if it doesn't then another horse will be fantastic and win a brilliant race.
The jockey will be brilliant and the owner will be well deserving and overdue a fantastic win. Everyone who goes will have a fantastic days racing no matter who wins or runs.
All those who watch from home will have the added advantage of the fantastic coverage from ITV or Sky or Channel 4 who every year do a fantastic job on the day with spectacular behind the scenes information.

All in all its going to brilliant, just like it was last year and just like it will be next year. If you do have the great misfortune to miss it there will be other races at other fantastic meetings where people will have a brilliant time. And if you are really unlucky you will just have to wait til monday when there will be another brilliant fantastic days racing and a favourite or another horse will win an awesome race and the jockey and trainer will be so well deserving at a fantastic race track with a truly awesome crowd who always make it an unforgettable experience….. Ad infinitum… yawn.

If you don't like racing why read or post on this thread you boring fucker, I bet you are the kind of person who gets over excited and wanks over a chess game.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you don't like racing why read or post on this thread you boring fucker, I bet you are the kind of person who gets over excited and wanks over a chess game.

Hang on, what I posted was effectively " lifted" from Derek Thompson's morning race guide on Talksport.... so you are saying he is a boring wanker then..? great, we agree !

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
A bookie acquaintance mentioned Barbers Shop, and he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, so might be worth a look...

Btw Is it 1,2,3 that pays E/W, as there are only 14(?) runners, at 1/4 odds?

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Yes, 1/4 the odds first three, which to my mind makes Imperial Commander the absolute mother of all each-way thievery bets. Have dutched him with Nacarat at around 7-1 on Betfair.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
As a general rule the greater the hype the better the value looking elsewhere.

Albertas Run 20/1

Last run can be discounted as less than ideal conditions/distance.

Placed 17 times out of 23.

3m Optimal as 4 of its last 6 wins have been at that distance. Any drying ground would be an advantage.

2nd last year 8 lengths behind KS at 25/1. Had Imperial commander well beaten as well as 2 that have beaten ks, our vic and snoopy loopy.

AP riding again so may persue different tactics.

Value each way bet.:)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Tricast betting is the way, Kauto will probably romp it so I'd plump for Kauto - Deep Purple - Imperial Commander. :thumbsup:

That said, was talking to a chap earlier today who usually rapes us, and every other bookie in the city, and he was saying that he'll be going LARGE on a Deep Purple win, he reckons he's "seen the horse recently" and that it is "bigger, fitter and stronger" since it was last seen. He's very rarely wrong (about horses) and I'll be punting a shifty fiver on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here