Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boutique hotels

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Um, hardly.

They are generally city centre hotels with high-end, high-quality rooms with excellent food, friendly staff without being the stuffy B&B/hotels trying to pertain to excessive delusions of grandeur.

Hotel Babylon, while being a fictional hotel, is an example of a boutique hotel. In Brighton, Hotel du Vin (part of a big chain nowadays) is also one. Malmaison is another brand that springs to mind.

Have you stayed in one then. I still think they are just jumped up B&B's. There websites don't impress me god only knows what the rooms are like in reality

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I have.

They're NOTHING like B&Bs. They're proper bona fide hotels, and generally, they're fantastic. The showers in HdV I can especially recommend - the big-head shower in wet rooms.

Not sure where you're getting the 'jumped up B&Bs' bit from, to be honest.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I have.

They're NOTHING like B&Bs. They're proper bona fide hotels, and generally, they're fantastic. The showers in HdV I can especially recommend - the big-head shower in wet rooms.

Not sure where you're getting the 'jumped up B&Bs' bit from, to be honest.

Just my opinion from the net and the odd TV programme.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Hotel du Vin and Malmaison - part of the same group - are excellent. However, having booked a family room at the Travelodge in Preston Park for £29 - ie, around £7 each for the night - I'll settle for good value over boutique most of the time.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Hotel du Vin and Malmaison - part of the same group - are excellent. However, having booked a family room at the Travelodge in Preston Park for £29 - ie, around £7 each for the night - I'll settle for good value over boutique most of the time.

Yes Nothing wrong with Travelodge or Travel Inns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here