Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bournemouth / Murray

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Its not cut and dried that throwing a top striker into the mix would have a positive effect. Obviously, Jordan Rhodes at Boro and Derby's 25M misfits are cases in point. We'd need to be very sure that it wouldn't disrupt the togetherness or team seems to have. If we'd have had Murray on against Sheff Weds, he'd have barely touched the ball.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Actually the FFS came from him being offside ALOT when he first joined us back in the Withers days.

It was immortalised in that video, in that game at the amex.

FFS definitely came from that video. He was not referred to as FFS at all as a "nickname" until that video went viral after his goal against us. Palace fans seized on it of course and the rest is history.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Its not cut and dried that throwing a top striker into the mix would have a positive effect. Obviously, Jordan Rhodes at Boro and Derby's 25M misfits are cases in point. We'd need to be very sure that it wouldn't disrupt the togetherness or team seems to have. If we'd have had Murray on against Sheff Weds, he'd have barely touched the ball.

I know what your saying, throw another couple of blanks in against Reading and MK Dons with strikers not looking like scoring or missing chances and it will look like a no brainer
We have another couple of games though before the window closes so I am prepared to see how it goes until then....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
How anyone can say that signing Murray on loan wouldn't add something I have no idea. He would clearly be more mobile and properly fitter than Zamora. That alone would add value as another option instead of Hemed or Baldock.

Sometimes I think people on here think that they have to pay for it. If Bloom can afford it, get him in, what's not to like.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

We can't let any of our competitors get hold of him either, especially if we and they end up playing each other in the playoffs. We all know what would happen if that was the scenario.

Looking at the next 10 games, possibly 13, I would not be surprised if one or two of the strikers pick up an injury, so even if we don't need him right now we should get him as insurance to complete our season in strength. Would be stupid not to get him and has to happen if it is possible.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Generally I would agree but Bozza seems to have decent contacts within the club and he started this thread.
Yes, but he said "I don't have any inside knowledge at all."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here