Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bournemouth Away?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Why is it fairly obvious that the sales for these two games would be as they were. Take Bournemouth, with hindsight, how big should the second tier be if only 50 tickets are available?

I also don't think you can take these two games in isolation. The system has to apply to all games. With Fulham, it's a midweek game so the club may have anticipated these not selling as quickly.

OK i will grant you that Fulham was midweek but there was a reduced allocation and most brighton away fans love to go there . But Bournemouth Saturday 3.00 did you really think it might go further than 9.01 on day 2 at best ? The second tier should have been 400 at most .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
OK i will grant you that Fulham was midweek but there was a reduced allocation and most brighton away fans love to go there . But Bournemouth Saturday 3.00 did you really think it might go further than 9.01 on day 2 at best ? The second tier should have been 400 at most .

So there still would be 400 going for 50 tickets. What about the next tier down, how big should that have been? And so and so on.

Where I think the club could improve the system having noted that tier one can log on just before the deadline and have tickets in their basket and then allocate them after 9am would be to close the ticketing system an hour before 9am and then people wouldn't be able to take advantage.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
So there still would be 400 going for 50 tickets. What about the next tier down, how big should that have been? And so and so on.

Where I think the club could improve the system having noted that tier one can log on just before the deadline and have tickets in their basket and then allocate them after 9am would be to close the ticketing system an hour before 9am and then people wouldn't be able to take advantage.

Aha ! there would have been no need for any more tiers as they would have all sold by then !
Your second point is quite brilliant ! I applaud you for that idea although i am guessing the club may think it not practical in some way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here