Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth away.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Taken from back of todays Argus:
"Bournemouth have revealed controversial plans to treat away supporters differently from their own at Dean Court. The Cherries are erecting temporary seating at the south end of the ground in anticipation of bigger crowds"
Bournemouth Chairman Eddie Mitchell said: "It is going to be uncovered so, depending on the whether, we will try to push the away supporters down there when it is forecast to be gloomy...... I am sure other clubs wont want to help us in any way so that is our plan. If it is tipping with rain or snowing, the away fans will be there".

Seeing as we visit on 22nd January i expect we'll be in there. Out of order IMO, seeing as the ground already holds over 10k and they only averaged 4900k last year anyway.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Absolutely. A taste of our own medicine!

But as it goes on to say (will upload article when its online), if it was worthwhile we would have upgraded the away end, but circumstances were constantly changing, and we were never that well off. The fact that last time they were in L1 they averaged 5.5k suggests they dont need the improvements anyway.
Chairmans IMO being a complete prick, and if anything it'll lose him money.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just bear in mind that Boscombe are a two bob noddy outfit, and with that in mind you'll find it all quite funny.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
To be fair though I suppose its just a manifestation of "home advantage" in a way. Away dressing rooms are always made to be smaller/crappier as well. They're bound to want to look after their own fans rather than worry about other peoples.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Reminds me of the new year's day game there a couple of years back - we had packed out the stand at the side with the roof and a couple of people that paid on the gate had that entire uncovered stand to themselves.

Songs of 'We're the dry side, we're the dry side, we're the dry side brighton boys' and 'We can see you getting wet'.

Hilario

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Just bear in mind that Boscombe are a two bob noddy outfit, and with that in mind you'll find it all quite funny.

This. If you are in any doubt here is there badge:

0,,10324~7100512,00.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Reminds me of the new year's day game there a couple of years back - we had packed out the stand at the side with the roof and a couple of people that paid on the gate had that entire uncovered stand to themselves.

Songs of 'We're the dry side, we're the dry side, we're the dry side brighton boys' and 'We can see you getting wet'.

Hilario

It was only hilario until Wayne Henderson did his bit...

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
To be fair though I suppose its just a manifestation of "home advantage" in a way. Away dressing rooms are always made to be smaller/crappier as well. They're bound to want to look after their own fans rather than worry about other peoples.

Yeah, i can accept that, but the fact is that on average the last time they were in league 1 the ground was 50% full. They dont need to add this stand really, and you can just see what will happen, the east stand (?) we were in for Hendersons cock up that time will be 50% full. They could easily shift those people along and put us where we were last time, but they wont, they'll stick us behind the goal.
The other thing, it says this stand holds just over 1000, another sell out on the cards then. :thumbsup:

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Does anyone remember the away game in the 94/95 season? Year before the pitch invasion I think. Open terrace and it absolutely poured down. If my memory serves me correctly, I think we won 3-0 that day with Jeff Minton and Junior McDougald getting on the score sheet! Could be wrong though!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This. If you are in any doubt here is there badge:

0,,10324~7100512,00.jpg

It looks like they've modified it, the ball is no longer resting on the head and WTF is going on with the square chin?

0,,10372~3317814,00.jpg

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Does anyone remember the away game in the 94/95 season? Year before the pitch invasion I think. Open terrace and it absolutely poured down. If my memory serves me correctly, I think we won 3-0 that day with Jeff Minton and Junior McDougald getting on the score sheet! Could be wrong though!

i was undercover that day, but remember it.

rust and mcdougald had been practising a break straight from the goalie and it worked this one and only time.

rust booted it to junior and i think he had 2 touches and boom, goal.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The point is that, if they have covered accomodation (which they would do) then why should we be forced into the open?

We home fans at Withers suffer just like the away fans do.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Hilario

I was one of the dozen or so people in the wet side for that game, it was great fun but got absolutely drowned. Although there was enough space in the main stand, they made us go into the uncovered stand behind the goal until half time when they finally moved us over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here