Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bought any good cds lately?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I buy both but mainly actual cds. I get excited and have a hot flush when I can see them all neatly stacked on the cd shelf IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER (surnames first) and CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER for albums by the same artist.
I occasionally line cds up by solo artists next to the bands they left for a bit of variety :jester:

I find it particularly annoying though when I buy a cd and can't copy it to my itunes and end up having to buy both formats:censored:

When have you not been able to copy a CD to itunes? That should not happen! Oh by the way I do the same with my CD's and records! Also people who only download are totally and utterly wrong in my book

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
The Fantastic Expedition of Dillard and Clark, one of the early country rock albums from the late 60's. featuring Gene Clark, Doug Dillard, Bernie Leadon, Chris Hillman and Sneaky Pete Kleinow. Doubt many on here are gonna rush out and buy it though :lol:

big fan of Gene Clark me, especially No Other. As best ofs go Flying High has to be one of the, er, best too.

recent albums i can't stop listening to:

The Felice Brothers - self titled (for fans of Dylan and The Band)
Bon Iver - for emma, forever ago
The War On Drugs - Wagonwheel Blues, the greatest debut for years, can't believe this album hasn't been picked up by the radio (a mixture of MBV, Oasis and Springsteen if you ask me. They will blow your ears off live).

tempted by the new Tv On The Radio, when i've collected a few pennies together.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've been on a bit of a spending spree lately:

Glasvegas -Glasvegas
So far, my album of the year. I think they sound more Ramones-ish but definitely some big anthems. Particularly like Daddy's gone and Stabbed.

Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue
2nd solo album by the Rilo Kiley singer. More alt-country and a very slick album. Elvis Costello duets on one track too. She is seriously under-rated

Euchrid Eucrow
Self-published EP available from Resident Records. I like this. Haunting, noisy. Great stuff from a band named after a Nick Cave book.

Bomb The Bass - Future Chaos
Very unlike their previous albums. Clear was trip hop heaven. This is darker, more muted, a bit minimalist in parts. A real grower

Calexico - Carried to Dust
A lot less trumpety latin feel. Far more alt-country and reminded me a lot of the Jim White album - the wrong eyed Jesus (so yes, very alt country). One track in particular, the News About William, should get Leonard Cohen's lawyers interested as it sounds VERY similar to one of his tracks whose name escapes me.

Mogwai - The Hawk is Howling
I started a thread about this album. Very good. Just what you need to listen to if you want to rage against the state of the world.

Fujiya and Miyagi - lightbulbs
local band, great music, clever lyrics.

Emiliani Torrini - Me and Armani
Icelandic songstress with a far more poppy album than her previous one

Hilde Marie Kjersem - a killer for that ache
I bought this hoping it would sound like either Lykke Li or Hafdis Huld. She's a bit rockier than those 2 but still a good album. How do these Scandinavians keep producing such fine female singers?

Daniel Johnson - Fear Yourself
I know. It's an oldie but I hadn't gotten round to hearing it. The nearest thing in the music world to pure genius/madness is Daniel. I would love him to tour the UK but with his mental state and age of his parents it's highly unlikely.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Knowle West Boy by Tricky is worth a listen and he's playing at the De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill on Friday night...

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Neptune by The Duke Spirit. Got it on vinyl but is also available on CD. Coincidentally they're playing The Komedia on Wed. night and deffo worth a watch...

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
4. The Streets -- Everything is Borrowed= A real let down, hope it grows on me

Got it the other week and didnt think much of it but since then it has really grown on me and am listening to it all the time!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
lindstrom - where you go, i go too.
lykke li - not sure title but it's ace.
the dodos - visiter.
fujiya & miyagi - lightbulbs.

I've got fujiya & miyagi, it's damn good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm going to have to get Glasvegas. Everyone I know who has heard it talks about in very very high terms.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue
2nd solo album by the Rilo Kiley singer. More alt-country and a very slick album. Elvis Costello duets on one track too. She is seriously under-rated

Jenny Lewis's new album the only thing i've been listening to for the last week.
She's playing Koko next month (ticket ordered) and if it's anything like the gig she did in the Hanbury Ballrooms last year with the Watson twins it'll be the best £14.50 (plus train fare ) you'll spend on a gig for a while imo !!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Favourite album of the moment has to be Saturnalia by The Gutter Twins (ex-Screaming Tree Mark Lanegan and ex-Afghan Whig Greg Dulli).

Deeply dark r&b that should satisfy any Nick Cave or Tom Waits fan.

Superb live act too. They played on a stage so dark it was sucking light off the audience. Greg Dulli did the rock star audience interaction bit, but Lanegan just stood motionless in the shadows throughout, rumbling out his deep baritone notes (and almost freaking out Mrs Trufflehound in the process). Brilliant stuff.

[yt]aKwNdCoHeCk[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here