Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bought a CD player for my car................

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
........................any good/reccomendations of people or places to get done.:cool:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Southwick Square. The SS will do you. If they're not in bed that is.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If you can install it yourself, Argos of all places aren't that over priced, really. They just destroy you on installation charges if you can't do it yourself

A set of release keys will cost about 5 notes in Halfords to get the old deck out, the new one should come with them, and ISO block/ISO antenna adapters, if required, are about 3 quid apeice but you shouldn't need either, really.

Just don't buy release keys dressed like a chav :p

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Damn, I thought this was where to buy one. Never mind, the rest of my post stands. Its way cheaper to do it yourself, and at worst you'll be looking at 25 quid in parts - release keys, two adapters, replacement fascia - but thats only if your car has a wanky radio surround.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Halftime Oranges said:
........................any good/reccomendations of people or places to get done.:cool:

Whats the model and year of your car?Does the car still have it's factory fitted unit?What radio did you buy?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You might also need a fascia

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Street Sounds by Hove Station.

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
i've got the fascia and cd player just need old one out and new one put in. Fiat Punto 2001 X reg.:cool:

1066gull

DIY.

I will, its not that hard top put in a radio yourself.:)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I reckon all you need to do is remove the old one and put the new one in.I don't think you will need any extra wiring

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
and you know this how exactly:glare:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Adriodinho said:
DIY.

I will, its not that hard top put in a radio yourself.:)

You have to be over 18 years old:lol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Halftime Oranges said:
and you know this how exactly:glare:

What radio have you got?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm willing to bet that you can just plug it straight in as your car and as it is fairly new and you have a new unit.Unless you have a cd changer as well then i'm not to sure.Remove the old one and have a look at the wiring.Give it a go it's simple.Your car doesn't have controls on the steering wheel for the radio does it?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
2001 Punto's use ISO blocks and a non-ISO antenna connector that Halfords sell a convertor for for 2.99; and use either Blaupunkt or Bendy Blaupunkt release keys. You can make the latter by bending the former if they haven't got them in stock

One thing though is that the cavity for the player is very, very short - you may have to force the wiring down the sides and really push the headunit in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here