Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bought a book of Travel Vouchers today, quick question

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I got my Travel Vouchers from the ticket office today. Good value. Train was really easy too.
Will be getting the train from Newhaven to Falmer.

Quick question and It's probably already been answered already.

Can we simply just get on the train and show our voucher to the ticket inspector or do we need to swap the two vouchers at the station ticket office where they issue you with a proper return ticket?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
How much are these vouchers? Is it all the same price outside the area? For example, myself coming from London.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
I got my Travel Vouchers from the ticket office today. Good value. Train was really easy too.
Will be getting the train from Newhaven to Falmer.

Quick question and It's probably already been answered already.

Can we simply just get on the train and show our voucher to the ticket inspector or do we need to swap the two vouchers at the station ticket office where they issue you with a proper return ticket?

Yeah, just get on the train and show your voucher!

How much are these vouchers? Is it all the same price outside the area? For example, myself coming from London.

£30 for a season of 23 league + up to 7 cup/friendlies.

You will have to buy tickets to Haywards Heath, then use voucher onwards to Amex.

EDIT: Also, buy a network card (if you don't have one already) and get third of train travel.

Last edited:

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Has anyone who purchased their vouchers over the phone actually received them yet ? paid for mine on 10th July and still waiting .....

Last edited:

Cool, cheers mate.

Forgot to add that there is a currently a minimum of £13.00 to spend on mid-week journeys per person, so will cost about £1 more than weekend games.

Also, get another 2/3 London-based fans together and buy groupsave3/4 tickets, which gets a third or half off of fares and can be used mid-week.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry another question... if I buy them at the ticket office at the Amex next week, will I get them immediately? Reason being I want to buy my train ticket to Haywards Heath for August 6 now.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Sorry another question... if I buy them at the ticket office at the Amex next week, will I get them immediately? Reason being I want to buy my train ticket to Haywards Heath for August 6 now.

I got mine over the counter today. So yes just turn up at the ticket office and you can get them straight away.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I don't see how the train companies are going to let people on with just the voucher. I am sure you will need to swap these for a return ticket at the station office before you can get on, regardless of barrier or not.

On the way back I just cannot see if the train is completely full how the inspector has the time to check everyone's ticket, unless they will have someone waiting at the door of the train to check before you get on?

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
I don't see how the train companies are going to let people on with just the voucher. I am sure you will need to swap these for a return ticket at the station office before you can get on, regardless of barrier or not.QUOTE]

I never did from brighton to preston park, just showed them my ticket at the barrier!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here