Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bottom Three in Championship

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I reckon all we need to do is avoid defeat to Reading, Milwall, Wigan, Rotherham away. Those 4 points will be enough to keep us up.

I reckon 45 points will be enough this season for safety so 2 wins should be more than enough.
Bit of brinkmanship there. Hope our players aren't of the same mind set. Three or four wins should do - more would be a bonus.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Bit of brinkmanship there. Hope our players aren't of the same mind set. Three or four wins should do - more would be a bonus.

Four wins? There is no way Wigan will win EIGHT of their ten remaining games. They even have 5 of the top 8 to play.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Four wins? There is no way Wigan will win EIGHT of their ten remaining games. They even have 5 of the top 8 to play.
I'd rather our destiny stayed in our own hands, rather than relying on somebody staying more crap than we are.

Anyway, the sooner we're over the line, the happier I'll be.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think its a dangerous position we are in. We are far enough to feel safe, yet close enough to not be safe.

I think a win against Reading and another big performance resulting in a win against Wolves Coupled with Rotherham beating Wigan and us not loosing to Millwall and Wigan would make us safe.

My hope is we get to about 15 points above the relegation zone and keep that gap. Then in the last 5 games play Walton, Rae, and bring perhaps Charlie Harris into the first team. Whilst starting in ernest our summer recruitment.[/QUOTE]

You want [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] to take over recruitment in the summer?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But if we jog along and just get another four points by not losing to Reading, Millwall, Wigan and Rotherham, if Wigan staged a mini-revival they would only need to win 5 out of 10 to pass us, not eight. Unlikely, but not impossible. No thank you - three or four wins and no brinkmanship or relying on other teams losing for me!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'd rather our destiny stayed in our own hands, rather than relying on somebody staying more crap than we are.

Anyway, the sooner we're over the line, the happier I'll be.

Is of course the RIGHT answer.

I remember the SALDE great escape season and Northampton. They looked well safe and following a bad run of form actually ended up getting relegated on the last day by losing to Leeds. Literally about a month before they were lower midtable.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Two weeks since I started the thread. Seen nothing to change my mind.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Two weeks since I started the thread. Seen nothing to change my mind.

Yep, looking more and more Likely. Even when those teams do pick up the odd point, the teams above them also seem to win.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I reckon 45 points will be enough this season for safety so 2 wins should be more than enough.

According to both you and Warren Aspinall, we're now safe. I think you're both right. As @Lamie says, what we need now is to focus on gaining momentum looking ahead to next season so we can attract better players in the summer, while also giving Rea and Walton some game time.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We're safe. I can't see Wigan getting the 11 points they need to overtake us in 7 games - they've got a tough run in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Wigan go along in the form of Champions at 2 points per game, we'll need 4 more points.

As long as we are still 10 points clear of them by the time we kick off playing them, then all good.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Still struggling to understand how a team with as many quality players as Wigan can be nailed-on for relegation but can't see any salvation for them. They must wish they could play every game away from home. Can't seem to get any sort of decent result on their own turf at the moment.
Bottom three to remain as-is until the very end I think. :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Still struggling to understand how a team with as many quality players as Wigan can be nailed-on for relegation but can't see any salvation for them. They must wish they could play every game away from home. Can't seem to get any sort of decent result on their own turf at the moment.
Bottom three to remain as-is until the very end I think. :thumbsup:

Sheffield Wednesday's injury time turn around at Rotherham today has just about kept Wigan alive.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tough Easter for Wigan

Middlesbrough Away
Derby Home

Then the 6 pointer v Fulham the following weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here