Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro v Hull

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Throughly undeserved win for Boro - annoying because after the shambles of the last few weeks they will definitely get a boost from that.

Yeah, agreed.

Still, Rhodes off-form. And they were forced to bring Downing on. So some uncertainty over best line-up.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's not quite 2 from 3 time yet, but with an Albion win tomorrow, Hull might be tempted to look behind them rather than at the 3 sides in front.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Unconvincing from both teams. They'll both drop plenty of points before the end of the season playing like they did tonight.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The best result as far as I'm concerned. Hull will pick up more points than Middlesborough in the last 9 games so happy to see them drop points now.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The best result as far as I'm concerned. Hull will pick up more points than Middlesborough in the last 9 games so happy to see them drop points now.

True, Hull have a much easier run in than any of the other 4 so them failing to pick up a point might actually turn out to be the best result for us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Forget who has to play who because as we've seen, nobody knows who the FRICK is going to beat who in this run-in. We'll all drop points. But as far as I'm concerned, the BEST result for us was both of those teams to drop points tonight. No brainer, 0-0 was perfect.

It didn't happen, so we're now 2 point adrift of automatic. Its made it *slightly* harder to make 2nd IMO, when you consider the massive boost its given Boro. But nothing was decided tonight. It was always going to go to the wire.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
True, Hull have a much easier run in than any of the other 4 so them failing to pick up a point might actually turn out to be the best result for us.
What you're missing is that this will be a confidence boost for 'boro. It's two weeks until their next game, two weeks that they can all feel good about themselves and their prospects of finishing in the top two. Had they have drawn, it would be two weeks of wondering if the manager should stay, if he knows what he's doing or what team he should pick, wondering whether they'll miss out on the automatic promotion, and when they'll actually win again.

Even if Hull had got a point (a decent away point under normal circumstances) it would still have been 5 games without a win, a run that's seen them drop from 1st in the table to 4th.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
A better result than a Hull win, but clearly not as good as 0-0

Still, Boro have to go to Burnley.

We'll just have to go to Boro, last day of the season for promotion.

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
I wanted a draw tonight before kick off & for 90 minutes it certainly looked as though that would be the case. Boro were fortunate but that's often the fine margins of this league. But both Boro & Hull are lacking goals right now & confindence.
On reflection a Boro win probably isn't a bad thing at all for us as Hull have a much easier run in than any of the top four. Also we can still take points off Boro, where as with Hull we can't. So even with Boro winning tonight it's still clearly ALL UP FOR GRABS..

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Yep annoying, but despite the three points it might not be the massive confidence boost we fear. They snatched a last gasp goal (again) and not from the strikers they started with. The issues with Karanka may still be bubbling away if a couple of the squad are against him.

Anyway, as we have all said, nobody knows what happens next so it's all moot. Hull could go on a rampage and Boro could slide again, in which case this was ideal. Or of course the opposite. But if someone had to win then I definitely prefer this result and the way it happened.

We just have to beat the cup pissers to keep the pressure on :)

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
What you're missing is that this will be a confidence boost for 'boro. It's two weeks until their next game, two weeks that they can all feel good about themselves and their prospects of finishing in the top two. Had they have drawn, it would be two weeks of wondering if the manager should stay, if he knows what he's doing or what team he should pick, wondering whether they'll miss out on the automatic promotion, and when they'll actually win again.

Even if Hull had got a point (a decent away point under normal circumstances) it would still have been 5 games without a win, a run that's seen them drop from 1st in the table to 4th.

I thought we wanted the Boro manager to stay for as long as possible. Could work out for the best.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Missed all the fun as was on a plane. Boro win better than a Hull win for me (draw would have been best obviously) as I think Hull will eke out more points than Boro in the run-in. I also think we'll win more points than either of them, but now expecting our last game to be a massive winner-takes-all shoot-out. :eek:

Dec 6, 2015
image.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here