Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro v Hull

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Agree with this although going to Boro on the last day needing a win (possibly to overtake Hull) doesn't sound like an attractive proposition.

Hull have 5 very winnable home games left but I think they have to lose (or maybe draw) one of those to open the door for us. They have the cup distraction out of the way now which will make it tougher

That also assumes we don't slip on a banana skin somewhere

Right now, going to Boro needing a win for 2nd place sounds very attractive.

Relying on Hull to slip up against Rotherham ( I think that's their last game) does ruin the fantasy a bit. If Rotherham are still scrapping though, it could be interesting.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Yes. you're right, but if Hull can find a banana skin in one of their next 11 we might be able to turn up at Boro all sorted .... needing a win would be a good 2nd prize right now though!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Relying on Hull to slip up against Rotherham ( I think that's their last game) does ruin the fantasy a bit. If Rotherham are still scrapping though, it could be interesting.

Rotherham have a very good record against the top 4. They've beaten us, Hull and Middlesbrough so far. They lost to Burnley both home & away.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thing is as it stands its in our own hands to finish above boro as we still play them.
If hull win all theirs and we win all ours we still dont catch them

Tricky one

Hull aren't going to win all their's. Neither are we.

Just one game at a time, right?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Could do with a Hull defeat tonight to make the table look even better, and crank up the pressure on them going into Friday.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Instinctively I would say a draw, to keep both teams in reach

However as long as we match Boro's results, we can overtake them on the final day with a win at their place.
We can't do the same with Hull and need them to drop as many points as possible.
So I vote Boro win

I take it all back..... DRAW!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
A draw, followed by a punch up between Karanka and the Middlesbrough dressing room bad apple.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Was thinking boro win (to stop hull getting 3 points), but think the draw would be the best result and most likely now.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Best result for us is a draw worst a Hull win as we do at least have the oppportunity to take points off Boro shold we need to in the last game. if Hull win and kick on it maybe tough to overhaul them.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think whatever the result it can be viewed as favourable to us.

A draw is clearly the best outcome, but a Hull win would mean they are only a point ahead (same games played) - and I'd bet on us overtaking them before the end of the season. Although a Boro win would mean they are two points ahead, if we matched them result-for-result we can overtake them on the last day of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here