Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson, the new UK Prime Minister

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Back Door Boris escapes out the back again , this time in Wales. I wonder how the Irish are going to welcome him ???

Probably get a better welcome than your boy, wherever he goes in the UK ...

yg-bets-pm-7-19.jpg

... if only 'don't know' was Leader of the Labour Party. :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Irrelevant ,most constituencies in the country voted leave

Constituencies are irrelevant in a referendum. It is the number of votes, and that is dubious, as many postal votes arrived late or not at all. Another irregularity being investigated.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Back Door Boris escapes out the back again , this time in Wales. I wonder how the Irish are going to welcome him ???

Apparently the Harland and Wolff shipyard workers protesting about their yard potentially closing chanted at him: "1, 2, 3, 4, Boris Johnson come out the door; 5, 6, 7, 8, meet us at the shipyard gate."

Other than that we've had:

Sinn Fein say that it would be "unthinkable" not to have a border poll after a no deal Brexit and say "He’s not in a position to rule it out because it’s a provision of the Good Friday Agreement. He describes himself as a student of the Good Friday Agreement, he’s fully conversant with its provisions, so he has argued with us a matter of timing I would say, rather than a matter of substance."

The SDLP say "We went into this meeting concerned that he would have a limited understanding of the complexities and fragility of this place and those concerns have been confirmed."

The Alliance say: "I don’t know if the prime minister has a plan; if he does he certainly disguises it well."

US Democrat Representative Richard Neal said: "He needs to be reminded that this is not about a return to empire. You’d be hard pressed to find everybody else who has been saying the things he has been saying as related to the backstop provision. Presidents don’t write trade agreements, members of Congress do. There is no way that Congress is going to take up the agreement if the Good Friday Agreement is jeopardised."

To which US Democrat Congressman Dan Kildee added: "It is important that whatever decisions the UK decides to make about Brexit that they recognise that they should not return to the notion of a hard border and undo the successes of the Good Friday Agreement. The idea that because the UK is making this decision about their own future doesn’t mean that they get to impose that on an agreement that has significant value in crafting peace. Our message to the UK leadership is – don’t expect a bilateral agreement with the US if the implementation of Brexit weakens the Good Friday Agreement in any way."

I get the impression that all-in-all it hasn't gone too well.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Apparently the Harland and Wolff shipyard workers protesting about their yard potentially closing chanted at him: "1, 2, 3, 4, Boris Johnson come out the door; 5, 6, 7, 8, meet us at the shipyard gate."

Sinn Fein say that it would be "unthinkable" not to have a border poll after a no deal Brexit and say "He’s not in a position to rule it out because it’s a provision of the Good Friday Agreement. He describes himself as a student of the Good Friday Agreement, he’s fully conversant with its provisions, so he has argued with us a matter of timing I would say, rather than a matter of substance."

The SDLP say "We went into this meeting concerned that he would have a limited understanding of the complexities and fragility of this place and those concerns have been confirmed."

The Alliance say: "I don’t know if the prime minister has a plan; if he does he certainly disguises it well."

US Democrat Representative Richard Neal said: "He needs to be reminded that this is not about a return to empire. You’d be hard pressed to find everybody else who has been saying the things he has been saying as related to the backstop provision. Presidents don’t write trade agreements, members of Congress do. There is no way that Congress is going to take up the agreement if the Good Friday Agreement is jeopardised."

To which US Democrat Congressman Dan Kildee added: "It is important that whatever decisions the UK decides to make about Brexit that they recognise that they should not return to the notion of a hard border and undo the successes of the Good Friday Agreement. The idea that because the UK is making this decision about their own future doesn’t mean that they get to impose that on an agreement that has significant value in crafting peace. Our message to the UK leadership is – don’t expect a bilateral agreement with the US if the implementation of Brexit weakens the Good Friday Agreement in any way."

They just need to forget about all this and believe more.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Back Door Boris says they're all BUNCH of GLOOMSTERS

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
There were some very astute minds on here 3 years ago, and some of the usual suspects, defending him even then, when he hadn't actually been caught with his trousers down...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here