Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson, the new UK Prime Minister

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I find it depressing people refer to Johnson by his first name as a term of endearment, due to inherent deference. The days of people with old school, rural Sussex accents doffing their caps to the local Tory toffs may be over, but the legacy of it prevails.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Certainly true. I once hitched a lift with a guy who turned out to be a drunken driver. As we weaved around the roads of rural Kent and approached a number of blind corners, he certainly had me rattled too.

With a thumbs up from dear old Man of Sussex, for a rather weak reply, I reckon my case is proven.:)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yes he will be even worse than what people thought he would be

He has managed 24 hours as PM without saying anything racist, Islamophobic, sexist, homophobic, derogatory about the Hillsborough victims, or dismissive about child abuse investigations - it's a remarkable performance by Johnson, I can sort of understand BG's optimism here.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I find it depressing people refer to Johnson by his first name as a term of endearment, due to inherent deference. The days of people with old school, rural Sussex accents doffing their caps to the local Tory toffs may be over, but the legacy of it prevails.

Get over yourself, Sussex yokel and go and find a nice fresh piece of straw to chew on.
It might cheer you up.........but probably not.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Get over yourself, Sussex yokel and go and find a nice fresh piece of straw to chew on.
It might cheer you up.........but probably not.

I'm so terribly sorry squire - us yokels, oiks and townies really should know our place.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Totally agree, same with “Jeremy”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here