Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris in hospital

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Boris's heart felt thanks to the NHS and staff that he mentioned in saving his life, will surely influence the Tory government to finally invest in it properly, even though it was a Labour party idea that started it.
I feel this is true. (I need to point out again that here I am expressing my own view not necessarily those of my employer)
My time in the NHS (13 years) has often felt like death my a thousand tiny cuts and on many occasions I felt we have been on the end of unfair criticism. One of the very few upsides of this time I feel is that the importance of our health system is now understood and that no government will dare mess with it for a generation.

So I'm not impressed by Nick Hancock blaming staff for wasting PPE and I'm not taken with Priti Patel's lack of humanity yesterday - but I feel they will pay a price in due course. Clearly I don't have a full view of the PPE situation but I read the news. My wife is an NHS worker in the Community and they PPE that she has had so far came apart in her hands she couldn't wear it. She is not on the front line in the same way that ICU / A&E staff are but does encounter COVID-19 suspected patients from time to time and by the nature of her work has to be much closer than 2 metres away as most healthcare professionals do. I'm sure her experience is far from unique.

So I think Boris Johnson is an astute political animal and will understand the need to support this precious resource for the rest of his career (hope I'm not being too optimistic here)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Can't win can he. Gets sick, must be faking it. Gets better, what a diversion. How is a thread about the PM getting sick become so divisive?

Surely we can all agree despite politics it sucked that he got ill, the NHS did a great job and now it's good that he's on the mend. Right?

RIGHT?

For the record I never said any of that, I'm pleased he has recovered but I'm very sad for the front line NHS staff he and his party have let down so very poorly, in the past but especially now, but I hope not in the future irrespective of how this country performs economically it can't happen again, but I think it will once this is all done and dusted, will the people let this happen again?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can't win can he. Gets sick, must be faking it. Gets better, what a diversion. How is a thread about the PM getting sick become so divisive?

Surely we can all agree despite politics it sucked that he got ill, the NHS did a great job and now it's good that he's on the mend. Right?

RIGHT?

Because it's not just about him getting sick but also about his handling of the whole situation. Obvs.

I'm glad another human being has got out of Intensive Care and looks like surviving, especially when there was a baby on the way and it would have left Dominic Cocking Raab in charge.

But this narrative? Don't criticise Boris. He's had the 'rona as well you know. It's like his dad's spin that he "took one for the team" even though the bellend was shaking hand with victims on March 3rd and Stanley was still wittering on with the other entitled Boomers about being able to go to the pub on 17th March.

Jan 30, 2008
Torys will be stronger, Boris will be stronger , who's going to stop them because starmers isn't with his Zombie shadow cabinet ,up and at em Boris !
Regards
DF

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Because it's not just about him getting sick but also about his handling of the whole situation. Obvs.

I'm glad another human being has got out of Intensive Care and looks like surviving, especially when there was a baby on the way and it would have left Dominic Cocking Raab in charge.

But this narrative? Don't criticise Boris. He's had the 'rona as well you know. It's like his dad's spin that he "took one for the team" even though the bellend was shaking hand with victims on March 3rd and Stanley was still wittering on with the other entitled Boomers about being able to go to the pub on 17th March.

It's very noticeable how the media are reporting it, nay predictable-

The Sun- 'Boris is God, all detractors are the enemy'
The Mail- 'Boris is a kind of God but make sure you support our elderly readership otherwise we may start kind of getting a little uppity'
The Telegraph & The Times 'Actually, we are going to report it as it is without sounding overly critical'
The Guardian 'We will report it as it is too but put the boot in when we can'
The Daily Express 'Princess Diana was murdered'

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

The Mail- 'Boris is a kind of God but make sure you support our elderly readership otherwise we may start kind of getting a little uppity'
The Telegraph & The Times 'Actually, we are going to report it as it is without sounding overly critical'

Daily Mirror "Killer Storm to Batter Britain"

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Lets hope so, maybe he has learned a little humility and humanity since he suggested we " Take the virus on the Chin " . Still, actions speak louder than words, we will see.

I do not know if the previous (at least 2 times) I have replied to people included you, but for all the wrongs Boris has done, there are many, he DID NOT SUGGEST we should 'take it on the chin'. That is not hard to understand, but oh so convenient to dredge up for his detractors.

In a nutshell from fullfact.org:

The Prime Minister said this was a theory on how to deal with the virus, but said it would be better if we take all the measures we can to reduce the burden on the NHS during the peak of the disease.

https://fullfact.org/health/boris-johnson-coronavirus-this-morning/

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Daily Mirror "Killer Storm to Batter Britain"

'... and the government is shite regardless'

I'd be very confused if the Mail didn't pick up on the killer storm. I remember their killer bees headline.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Boris's heart felt thanks to the NHS and staff that he mentioned in saving his life, will surely influence the Tory government to finally invest in it properly, even though it was a Labour party idea that started it.

Will it? It’s not like he has track record of lying to everyone from his wife onwards. Why you so sure? Maybe he can paint the amount on a bus?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The bottom line is the numbers will speak for themselves. 10,000 and rising. If that doesn’t ring an alarm bell with the readers then they’re a bit dim.

I do wonder whether Boris actually saw a general ward of intensive care patients as opposed to being in his own room for obvious reasons. Obviously he has his protection team nearby but would he of been privy to seeing any of the fearful grasping for each breath patients and frantic nurses exhausted and running around frantically trying to save someone else's life.?? If he did then well done to him for doing so. If he didn't or couldn't then he probably should of done. His speech earlier was great but when he profoundly praised 2 in particular who were watching over him every second, does every other intensive care patient have the same? I don't think they do.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I have just come back from my daily walk and as I passed my local shop I looked at the front pages of the Sunday newspapers.
What a truly pathetic front page on The Mail On Sunday, all about Boris Johnson 'all the nurses could do was prey' etc etc.
Well those nurses are dying and getting infected because the party you so strongly and pathetically support are not capable of getting PPE to them, or testing them, and now they are accused of wasting PPE or that some may have contracted the virus away from the hospital, they are only reacting if the media or other MP's tell them where they are failing.
And then you have Patel or Matt 'Deputy Dawg' Hancock spouting crap.
Why do people buy this excuse for a newspaper?
Why do people defend their chosen party when there is clear evidence that they are totally hopeless liers, I think you know if one particular person I am talking about.
So the recovery of Johnson is more important than the deaths of people he has single handedly failed, and he has the cahoonas to thank them after his party cheered when there was no pay rise and stripped the NHS budget to the bone.
What a cuffing rag that newspaper is.
Happy Easter.

That is a disgraceful slur on NHS angels -how can you suggest such a thing? And did the paper actually suggest that his recovery is more important than others' deaths, or is this simply how you want to view it?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I do not know if the previous (at least 2 times) I have replied to people included you, but for all the wrongs Boris has done, there are many, he DID NOT SUGGEST we should 'take it on the chin'. That is not hard to understand, but oh so convenient to dredge up for his detractors.

In a nutshell from fullfact.org:

The Prime Minister said this was a theory on how to deal with the virus, but said it would be better if we take all the measures we can to reduce the burden on the NHS during the peak of the disease.

https://fullfact.org/health/boris-johnson-coronavirus-this-morning/

Sadly, the only person who actually even mentioned a theory of " take it on the chin and move on " was, Johnson, B . Can't blame anyone for linking him to it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sadly, the only person who actually even mentioned a theory of " take it on the chin and move on " was, Johnson, B . Can't blame anyone for linking him to it.
Nonsense. There was a lot of talk on TV and in the papers about various ways of approaching the crisis. Johnson would have listened to all ideas as any leader would have. You keep repeating a lie if you like if it makes you feel better, it is your choice.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
That is a disgraceful slur on NHS angels -how can you suggest such a thing? And did the paper actually suggest that his recovery is more important than others' deaths, or is this simply how you want to view it?

Go away you tool, you know exactly what I am saying and yes I was referring to you.
As expected I knew it would draw you out, you are so easy.
You really are a very sad, lonely stupid little man.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nonsense. There was a lot of talk on TV and in the papers about various ways of approaching the crisis. Johnson would have listened to all ideas as any leader would have. You keep repeating a lie if you like if it makes you feel better, it is your choice.

Strangely, I can't recall any other Prime Minister mentioning it, or bringing it up in passing. But, I hope you feel better for standing up for a serial liar ? that's your choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here