Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris in hospital

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apparently it was written by Harry Paterson, a journalist and he posted a copy of the death cert for his brother as he was being called a liar on twitter.

There is a chain of tweets from here: https://twitter.com/HarryPaterson1/status/1247421419413176323?s=20

[tweet]1247421419413176323[/tweet]

It's clearly sad, but it strikes me that, at worst, he was trying to make a political point with this: "Unlike the Prime Minister there was no ventilator for Jas. ‘Operation: Last Gasp’, right, Prime Minister?" or, at best, it was clumsily worded.

The implication of his words is that the hospital had run out of ventilators, so his brother could not be helped. That's not the case, as he says himself in subsequent tweets.

As I posted elsewhere, a London doctor on 5Live on Sunday morning was talking about how decisions are routinely made outside of the current situation to not put some patients through invasive intubation if there is a belief they will not make it out the other side and/or the resultant quality of life will be very poor.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Surely this bit is questionable. If they've run out of ventilators in Nottingham and people died as a result it would be big news.

Our posts crossed. The hospital had not run out of ventilators.

Seems his brother was deemed a DNAR (Do Not Attempt Resuscitation) case.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I wish Boris Johnson a speedy recovery but I certainly won't be hanging out of the window clapping him tonight at 8pm.

#ClapForBoris

Will you be joining in for the round of applause for Couriers and Delivery drivers? It is due tomorrow, sometime between 9am and 5pm.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't be the only one on here that just automatically assumed it was a copy'n'paste job anyway shirley :shrug:

I immediately thought it was copy and paste. Not trying to be funny but [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] doesn't write in that style. A bit careless to not give the attribution, and that needed to be corrected, but not a capital offense. If people start getting bans for being careless, NSC would would have only one poster. Yes, and nanometer precision would be no compensation for the monotony of a Triggaaar-NSC monoculture.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Unfortunately certain posters feel the need to be seen to have their political standpoint every time they post, failing regularly to check the facts correctly.

We all have views on how the government have acted but the silent majority do not need to keep pointing at everything that supports their biased views. Mistakes will have been made as every government would have done, we though should be thankful that we live in a country that is able to "cope" with this, and while devastating for the those families that have lost people, the actions of the experts and the dedication of those at the front line, will ensure the majority of us can look forwards to the end of a once in a lifetime awful event.

Here's hoping Spence is getting better.

Part of the problem on this actual thread has been the continual sycophantic puffery of Johnson as some kind of hero and our nations only hope of salvation despite his obvious and many failings. This constant flag waving eventually is going to wear down those who see this as jingoist political propaganda and are then going to post alternative views in the same emotive fashion until...… you get a binfest ! This thread was always going to get here sooner or later.

I echo the sentiments about Spence BTW.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I immediately thought it was copy and paste. Not trying to be funny but [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] doesn't write in that style. A bit careless to not give the attribution, and that needed to be corrected, but not a capital offense. If people start getting bans for being careless, NSC would would have only one poster. Yes, and nanometer precision would be no compensation for the monotony of a Triggaaar-NSC monoculture.

Yeah we should have known better as there wasn't a single "should of" in the original post.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Shirley we are better than this as human beings.

giphy (1).gif

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
How could anyone have guessed the same posters turning this into a political minefield, when a man, father and father to be is seriously ill. :rolleyes:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's healthy to question stuff in a democracy. You should try it sometime :shrug:

TBF, I think you went a bit beyond "questioning stuff"...

Sorry, but refuse to believe a word that comes out of that guy's mouth. Any chance of an independent medical second opinion? Thought not.

Needed saying. And I'm sure I'm not the only saying it either. Invoke the blitz spirit, make sure the PM and a high profile Royal 'show mild symptoms' and us plebs are all supposed to just roll over and believe their very conveniently timed BS. Ever get the feeling you've been HAD?

I'll be satisfied when they produce the NHS staff that did the testing.

Keep believing :sheep:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Will you be joining in for the round of applause for Couriers and Delivery drivers? It is due tomorrow, sometime between 9am and 5pm.

It will probably coincide with me dropping off some shopping in the smallest room in the house, so I will instead just put a card through my letterbox to say I would have otherwise been clapping but unfortunately missed it.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Can’t be bothered to read it all.
This should have been a thread of hoping he gets better no matter what political persuasions you have.
At the end of the day he is a father to be and has a partner which is 1st and foremost. Potentially there is a child who will be raised without a father. So get well Boris and same to anyone else on this board who is struggling through [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] for one who has described his struggles, and anyone else who is currently suffering through what is a horrific virus. Thoughts with you all

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
TBF, I think you went a bit beyond "questioning stuff"...

Fair enough, but when the direction of hmgov appears to be largely dictated by Boris's sultan of spin Dominic Cummings, then any initial reaction, well mine anyway, is to take whatever we're fed with a large pinch of salt. Especially more or less right off the back of the disinformation of the NHS Brexit Bus. Why would you not question stuff?

And as you seem so keen on tracing back through that particular thread, you might like also to highlight some of the posts questioning why it wasn't 'on the good news thread'. As opposed to just questioning if it was fake news. And as I posted yesterday, I wouldn't wish that shit virus on anyone, including Boris

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here