Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boring World Cup

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

:kiss:

anyway, these were my answers, but they wont get published until Saturday I believe. My hero was Robbie Earle, but I was made to change it

Player of the tournament:
Mesut Özil - despite his team failing to qualify for the World Cup, he sportingly turned out for Germany and wowed the globe with his silky skills, great range of passing and the winning goal against Ghana.

Goal of the tournament:
Siphiwe Tshabalala vs Mexico - unbelievable tekkers from distance which started the 2010 World Cup off with a bang, making the whole world think this Adidas Jabulani football will mean a group stage full of goals, goals, goals.

Game of the tournament:
Slovakia 3 - 2 Italy - Another upset in a tournament of upsets, but this time there were loads of goals, a disallowed goal and Italy scoring late twice to think they may sneak through. All the more satisfying when the World Champions crashed out. The result, however made me think this was going to be England's year.

Tournament Hero:
Raymond Domenech. He completely tore apart the French like no-one person or team could ever dream of. Things got so bad, they made the English World Cup campaign look highly successful.

Tournament Villain:
I hate cheats in football so Kader Keita gets my vote. Kaka pushed the back of his arm into Keita's chest, but Keita went down clutching his eye brow, rolled around a few times, and Kaka was given his marching orders.

Moment of the tournament:
That bird that took a nap on Algeria's goal for 20 minutes whilst England were attacking it. Was it disturbed? Rooney, Heskey, Lampard and Gerrard never got close. If you listen carefully to the goal mic, you can hear it snoring.

Verdict on your team:
Brazil certainly entertained in patches, but ultimately they failed. As tournament favourites, it was a surprise to see them lose to The Dutch at such an early stage, but at least they have already qualified for the 2014 tournament. Maybe worth a 6.5/10

Come on Domenech MUST be the tournament HERO.

Nothing has given me greater pleasure that watching the French implode so spectaculalry. And then to watch a national coach basically disown the team that he put out.

Now, a bit of fun, when was Thierry Henry supposed to have said this (and its a driect quote as far as I can find)

The Barcelona forward was supposed to have told the paper, “Coach, we have something to tell you. I am speaking in the name of the squad. We are getting bored during your training sessions.

“In 12 years with the French team, I have never been in such a situation.

“We do not know how to play, where to be on the pitch, how to organise. We do not know what to do. We have no style, no guidelines. It is not working.”

Answer - September 2009 prior to their game with Serbia!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
where is Ozil form then Brett?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh and villan is obviously the officials who didn't give Lampard's clear goal. No class and complete bottle jobs.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
it's been all right, slightly disappointing but not too bad. It's a shame the African teams-with the exception of Ghana- were pretty poor. Too many games have had too many misplaced passes and heavy touches and apart from Germany there haven't been any teams that are particularly exciting to watch.

It's had it's moments though: the second half of italy slovakia, the spectacular french implosion, Brazil playing like a bunch of shit school kids in the second half against holland, New Zealand not losing a game and on a personal note the way the Japanese embraced the event(until they got knocked out at least).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh and villan is obviously the officials who didn't give Lampard's clear goal. No class and complete bottle jobs.
What a crock that is.

The lino missed it, he's since put his hand up and apologised. What more do you want from him?

We were wank anyway and are lightyears behind the good teams. Time to move on I think.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What a crock that is.

The lino missed it, he's since put his hand up and apologised. What more do you want from him?

We were wank anyway and are lightyears behind the good teams. Time to move on I think.

Er excuse me MUSH but as an ng FAN that is MY CHOICE of villan - OK?!

I have chose to leave a lot of the drivil on the subject alone and move on so not going over old ground. The ref and lino could clearly see it and bottled it - my opinion - i'm allowed it - you don't own this message board...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Er excuse me MUSH but as an ng FAN that is MY CHOICE of villan - OK?!

I have chose to leave a lot of the drivil on the subject alone and move on so not going over old ground. The ref and lino could clearly see it and bottled it - my opinion - i'm allowed it - you don't own this message board...
You are having a laugh.

If they could CLEARLY see it and BOTTLED it, then that would be CHEATING.

I can't take you seriously coming out with shite like that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You are having a laugh.

If they could CLEARLY see it and BOTTLED it, then that would be CHEATING.

I can't take you seriously coming out with shite like that.

Erm we all saw it on the tele and it was obvious in normal time. The ref was very well placed. Yes it is cheating if that's what you think constitute's cheating.

I can't take you seriously coming out with shite like that. (defending something which damaged your country's chances)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Erm we all saw it on the tele and it was obvious in normal time. The ref was very well placed. Yes it is cheating if that's what you think constitute's cheating.

I can't take you seriously coming out with shite like that. (defending something which damaged your country's chances)
Before leaving you sobbing uncontrollably muttering soppy words like "you think you own the board" or whatever, can you please clarify what do you mean by "bottled it"?

Do you mean the officials saw the goal, realised it was a goal and decided it was easier to play on as opposed to award the goal, because that was the easier thing to do?

My take on it was that they missed an obvious goal in error, and have been open to ridicule ever since.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Before leaving you sobbing uncontrollably muttering soppy words like "you think you own the board" or whatever, can you please clarify what do you mean by "bottled it"?

Do you mean the officials saw the goal, realised it was a goal and decided it was easier to play on as opposed to award the goal, because that was the easier thing to do?

My take on it was that they missed an obvious goal in error, and have been open to ridicule ever since.

They saw it and 99.9% knew it was a goal but didn't have the bottle to award it.

I'm not sobbing. I was making the point that i'm allowed my opinion (I'm not going in to this again - ie how it's fashionable to defend those that do wrong to England etc etc etc - which is exactly what you're doing. Obviously the words fan or supporter are touted around too easily these days with England judging by various comments made by the likes of yourself on here.?)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
May I ask why they bottled it as opposed to giving it?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That's exactly the point as to why I chose them as my villain - that's what a lot of people are asking... That's the most bizaare and randomly obvious question to ask!

Anyways I'm drawing a firm line under this now as it's doing my nut in...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How can the ref 'bottle' giving a goal if he's actually seen thats its a, err, goal ?

Surely he'd know he'll be absolutely CANED afterwards for not awarding a blatant goal (which as it turns out, of course, he has)...so why would he not give it if indeed he did see it cross the line ?

I'm all confused now.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Its been terrible. Dont expect it to ever get any better though in future - its the way football is these days. Players passion is for the money they earn these days, not for their countries.

The only time you'll get an exciting one in future is if England do well

I don't want to sound all crodonilson but I've enjoyed it immensely. Every world cup is different and sure this is no classic but stop moaning you miserable bastards, you'll be missing it this time next year.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't want to sound all crodonilson but I've enjoyed it immensely. Every world cup is different and sure this is no classic but stop moaning you miserable bastards, you'll be missing it this time next year.

Bullseye.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I preferred Crodo's version of this post.

It was much FUNNIER.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here