Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boring signings (nobodies) that did perform for the Albion

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mark Gall, a revelation from defunct Maidstone, along with Mark Beeney.

Two players of whom I expected nothing and both were brilliant for us.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Obviously the Beenster, and I also remember being pretty nonplussed when we signed Danny Cullip, who didnt do too bad for us!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Kipper is a boring Nobody but not sure he's ever actually performed for The Albion. :p

QUOTE]

I take it you were not at wolves where he made possibly the best save I have ever seen ....and it was on Telly ( Zammo scored I seem to recall)

Dont think I was. I was at the Wolves match where Gary Hart scored for us, dont know if it was that one.

John Keeley was the king for outstanding saves IMO.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I guess the signings of Storer and Reinelt did not produce dancing in the streets, but each scored themselves into Albion folklord. Both of the I would love to see take the field at Falmer and Storer has to be the first person to break the net.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I guess the signings of Storer and Reinelt did not produce dancing in the streets, but each scored themselves into Albion folklord. Both of the I would love to see take the field at Falmer and Storer has to be the first person to break the net.

agreed - but such was the nature of that season that ANYONE could have been the hero - ineed, if maskells shot had of gone a foot right, it would be him and not reinelt that was the man - but if it had of gone a foot left its doubtful brighton and hove albion would be in existance

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A centre half from Gateshead who went on to play many games for us and is still involved on SCR...........................................Norman Gall a true legend of the club in every sence.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Read the title of the thread "Boring signings (nobodies) that DID perform for The Albion.

Kipper is a boring Nobody but not sure he's ever actually performed for The Albion. :p

oh for fucks sake - look, i probably rate kuipers as much as you, buy if you are claiming he has never done well in an albion shirt you are clearly some sort of idiot

while i think that we have had many better keepers than him - beasant, roberts, blayney, henderson - anyone who tries to argue he has been shit for us is clearly some sort of freak

in 2001-2002, he was our undisputed number one, and one of the main factors we won the title. even this season, i am happy with what he has done. if you are even contemplating the argument that, for a man who was originally signed as a number two keeper, but who was thrown into the deep end AND has come up trumps more than once, that he is not good enough, then i am of the firm believe you dont have a CLUE when it comes to keepers

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
May I suggest Darren Currie

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sergei gotsmanov

Boring signings? You must be kidding.

Gotsmanov was the stand out player for a USSR team that had just got a great result at Wembley, a few weeks earlier.

He was one of the MOST exciting signings the club has ever made. And he was EVERY bit as good as we had hoped. Shame it was so short lived.

Read the title of the thread "Boring signings (nobodies) that DID perform for The Albion.

Think the obvious one has already been mentioned - Peter Ward.

So I'll go for Mark Gall - would have been an absolute star had he not got injured.

Hmm, I've seen a few games where Wardy didn't shine, and many where FDM saved the day :clap2:

But I'll choose el-Abd :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here