Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booze Limit at the Cricket

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sorry if Fixtures, but I'm not exactly a regular at the County Ground (though intend to be this summer). No mention of Harveys, but is this new?

Alcohol Policy
For all Cricket matches and other events, other than County Championship matches, ECB40 matches or other four-day matches;

NO alcohol will be permitted to be brought into the Ground.

The limit for County Championship, ECB40 matches and other four-day matches will be:

Four 500ml cans of beer/lager (no glass) or a 75cl bottle of wine. No further alcohol will be permitted on any subsequent re entry to the ground.

Any person arriving at the ground with alcohol in contravention of this regulation will not be permitted into the Ground.

This regulation is made following careful consideration of safety issues on the Ground and to assist in the management of spectator comfort for all our customers.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
key word is INTO the ground, rather than IN the ground. I.e this is about alcohol you can buy from local shop and take with you, rather than buying alcohol from the bars on site

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Alcohol Policy
For all Cricket matches and other events, other than County Championship matches, ECB40 matches or other four-day matches;

In reality this only means no shant allowed to be brought in to Twenty20 games.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Boo to Booze ban (one for the argus)

Being a member I cannot remember the last time my bag was searched, I do not like the limits but imagine if you could take booze into concerts and football games, they made loads at the 4 day Australia game. We need some cash flow to pay Montys wages.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Ah, that'll teach me for only reading the bold. Surprised they let you bring any in in that case.

:flounces:

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
I've ended up smuggling cans in for 20/20 games the last couple of years, feel like a bit of a kid ... I wouldn't bother if the club were able to staff the bars to cope with demand but the never seem to learn their lesson.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I've ended up smuggling cans in for 20/20 games the last couple of years, feel like a bit of a kid ... I wouldn't bother if the club were able to staff the bars to cope with demand but the never seem to learn their lesson.

My mate uses a system Perry Groves mentioned on the radio, wrap them loose in tin foil and they look like baggettes when your searched.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

and the AWFUL selection of drinks

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
they only bother checking for T20 matches in my experience. a total ban on booze at the cricket would be a disaster

This is an ECB rule rather than a SCCC rule. I went to Lords for a nondescript afternoon at the creeeekit and had to explain to a large dark security chap that the contents of the bottle was JUST beer and ONLY beer. He clearly had never seen any dark brown stuff,

Alcohol Policy

The limit for County Championship, ECB40 matches and other four-day matches will be:

Four 500ml cans of beer/lager (no glass) or a 75cl bottle of wine. No further alcohol will be permitted on any subsequent re entry to the ground.

Any person arriving at the ground with alcohol in contravention of this regulation will not be permitted into the Ground.

This regulation is made following careful consideration of safety issues on the Ground and to assist in the management of spectator comfort for all our customers.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A group of 12 of us went to watch Zimbabwe at Lords. Being skint students at the time, we took in the maximum allowance, plus various bottles of alcoholic lemonade/coke and vast quantities of rum jelly.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
At least you can buy a decent beer inside the ground at Hove .
It's only tasteless light beer available at the SCG these days .
It's gone from one extreme to another ...
In the '70's the restrictions were , 1 carton (24 cans) per person , per day !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here