Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boooooooooooooooooo To The Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Turkey you have no right to say those nasty things to me!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Titanic said:
This thread sucks... but I guess that's because most of the 'activists' are on my ignore list.

I'm off back to see if Dwayne has got anymore pearls of wisdom for us, before the end of another hard day at the office! :lolol:

You must have the same three people as me on your ignore list.

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
I was the one who removed the thread.

I was the one who decided that it was out of order.

If you don't like it..... TOUGH.

The racist 'joke' wasn't something that should be aired on a public messageboard.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I FULLY ACCEPT IT WAS REMOVED!

What I dont accept is people chucking abuse and pre.empting my views on a certain subject..irrelevant of whether i joke about it...

And one more thing artios....Is turkey a mod? Because if not..what gives him the right to threatin me with a verbal warning?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
byf - neither Artois nor Turkey are technically moderators. They are administrators. Which, as Turkey says, means they assist in the more technical aspects of NSC.

That said, if they see anything they believe shouldn't be on NSC they are able to remove it.

In short, I guess your question should really be "who gives him the right?"

And the answer is: me.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Bozza said:
byf - neither Artois nor Turkey are technically moderators. They are administrators. Which, as Turkey says, means they assist in the more technical aspects of NSC.

That said, if they see anything they believe shouldn't be on NSC they are able to remove it.

In short, I guess your question should really be "who gives him the right?"

And the answer is: me.

:lolol:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
byf said:
You may not like the fact..But it does happen,Ive ssen a bunch of lads throw a bannana at a black person before and no it wasnt me before anyone says it.
But you did throw a pie at a traffic warden.

You naughty boy.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Turkey said:
Yep because NSC will not tolerate racism.

How do define racism? How can you define what a person will feel is racist? have you ever exp racism...I dont see how you can make the call of what is or what isnt?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
fatboy said:
But you did throw a pie at a traffic warden.

You naughty boy.

pie wrapper fatboy...get it right.:lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
byf said:
How do define racism? How can you define what a person will feel is racist? have you ever exp racism...I dont see how you can make the call of what is or what isnt?

The belief that people's qualities are influenced by their race and that the members of other races are not as good as the members of your own, or the resulting unfair treatment of members of other races.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
byf said:
How do define racism? ...I dont see how you can make the call of what is or what isnt?

Regardless of intent, any joke can cause offense if it's aimed at others. I don't see the argument here.

I'll remove this one myself. Apologies to Monster Munch. I was very pissed off and had to get my point across. I think I managed it.

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
you can put all the smileys in the world after that but it won't make that horrible image any better:sick:

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
I wish I'd seen the thread so I could comment properly.

There does seem to be a lot of 'quote', and 'quote' and 'quote some more'. Some of you guys could be on Question Time!

Byf, it's easy to say you were only joking when things backfire, but I don't think many people were laughing in the first place.

I don't see that racism is funny in any shape or form. A bloke behind me in 'D' Block referred to a coloured player as an 'Egg and Spoon' the other week, but he soon shut up when I challenged him about it.

If you don't like the flak, don't post the crap.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
damn i missed the original thread.

you should stick to writing stories about clocks byf. no go and write some letters. er, on second thoughts, copy and paste some

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here