Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bookies React To Currie Signing

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I had £250 at 3/1 with Hills back on July 7th.

When I placed the bet, the manageress of the shop told me there would be special odds for such a double, as the bets were related contingencies.

At first I had no idea what she was talking about, but then it dawned on me: I had written 'Brighton + Hove Albion to be relegated' on the slip. She thought that Brighton and Hove Albion were two different teams!

:lolol::lolol: :lolol:

Ah well. Perhaps lightening doesn't strike twice.

Actually it wasn't your bookies winnings was it? Wasn't it a bet made with Tom Hark?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Last time around I had £100 at 4/1 with the bookies, and a £100 charity bet with THPP.

In the end we both paid £100 into the REMF. It seemed only right that I should cough up. After all, Albion's relegation paid for my CCFC season ticket.....

:clap: :lolol: :clap:

D

Deleted User X18H

Its actually 9/4 I am ashamed to say I have 100 at 3/1 rather have Championship again next year though.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

At first I had no idea what she was talking about, but then it dawned on me: I had written 'Brighton + Hove Albion to be relegated' on the slip. She thought that Brighton and Hove Albion were two different teams!

:lolol::lolol: :lolol:
daft bint :rolleyes: :dunce:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I don't know what's got into LB the last few weeks....he used to be quite complimentary about BHA FC, but he took (it seemed) genuine delight in proclaiming us to be useless-cannon fodder in Div 1 this season, so to you LB I say :salute:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's what a bit of pressure does...few bad results...Earnie off...would test the most sanguine of Welshmen...

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My team is shite? What evidence leads you to draw that conclusion?

The league table good enough for you ? :lol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Last time around I had £100 at 4/1 with the bookies, and a £100 charity bet with THPP.

In the end we both paid £100 into the REMF. It seemed only right that I should cough up. After all, Albion's relegation paid for my CCFC season ticket.....

:clap: :lolol: :clap:

Yup, decent bit of gentleman's sporting betting last season. All credit to the TLB lad. Shame I've already plonked pre-season on Leeds to get relegated tho (the brand name alone provides them with no more guarantee of not going down than it did last season) cos that 4/1 about Cardiff is looking mighty tempting.

Latest odds on bhabet (bet365.com):

To Be Relegated
Coca-Cola League Championship 2004/05 Book Closes 31 Aug-07:00

To Finish in the Bottom 3.
Rotherham 1/1
QPR 2/1
Crewe 2/1
Brighton 9/4
Gillingham 5/2
Burnley 11/4
Preston 10/3
Derby 7/2
Cardiff 4/1

Fortress Withdean is a sticky wicket as far as we're concerned.
No matter. You're welcome to the points. You'll need them. It's mid-table for us again this year. Another season of consolidation, which will become really tedious by mid-January. At which stage you'll be five points adrift at the bottom of the table, I shouldn't wonder.

Woops! Still, at least the season isn't getting tedious!

Excellent comments on Darren Currie to start the thread too.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:bounce:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Alright people, move along now. Nothing to see here. Nothing at all.

:( :( :(

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Alright people, move along now. Nothing to see here. Nothing at all.

:( :( :(

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Top Bounce by the way!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here