• They're about right

Votes: 57 43.8%
  • We'll finish lower

Votes: 7 5.4%

• Total voters

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
There really aren't many weak teams in there this season. Watford perhaps, if they don't strengthen, and Doncaster though they still have some good players. Mid table would be a good enough season for me, top 10 would be a sucess.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There really aren't many weak teams in there this season. Watford perhaps, if they don't strengthen, and Doncaster though they still have some good players. Mid table would be a good enough season for me, top 10 would be a sucess.

Can't see any easy games at all. Even Peterborough have made some good signings, and they're predicted to finish bottom.

There cause has been helped by having the father of their wife-beating manager in charge of the Premiership champions though. United have given Posh two loan players and Ajose for a discounted £400k to help their cause.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
As it stands now, I would say thats about right. If we sign Lua Lua, Lansbury etc then i can see a top 6 finish

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'd say 13th is about right. That would be good for all concerned. If we do too well then Gus will be poached and that's the last thing we need.

I think we'll start well, then struggle for a bit when teams work us out, then finish well. I'd be disappointed with lower than 16th, happy with 13th, and be over the moon with 10th or above.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think we'll start well, then struggle for a bit when teams work us out

You've made a really good point here. I think we're in for a shock when we see the height and speed of players in the CCC. Suspect a few of them will take the Southampton approach to playing against us, and as much as we might not want to admit it, they battered us at Withdean.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
You've made a really good point here. I think we're in for a shock when we see the height and speed of players in the CCC. Suspect a few of them will take the Southampton approach to playing against us, and as much as we might not want to admit it, they battered us at Withdean.

True, but if that game was played 2weeks earlier I'm sure it would have been a different story. We were still in party mode

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Higher, higher!!

brucie2.jpg

Good game, good game.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It will be very strange to see us in the top half, if that does happen. I started attending at the start of the 90/91 season and it has been downhill since our playoff finish!

Finally equipped to make a go of division two. Hard not to get carried away with all the positivity.

I'd be over the moon with 13th. Little voices are telling me to be more realistic, but it all depends on who joins the ranks this season and how well we settle into our new home.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Predicted 10th for a while now but voted "About Right" as 3 positions isn't that far off.

Looking at the names of the clubs we will be playing against (There are some big players there), 13th will be fine in our first season.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I've voted they're about right - but reckon as things stand we're looking at around 16th (a position I'll be more than chuffed with)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Reasons why I think we'll do so well:

We were champions of league 1, with 5 weeks to spare
Our front line has already been massively upgraded
We haven't finished recruiting yet
The type of football we play is condusive to consistent results. Run of the mill games will see us retain the ball and win fairly routinely (we won't thrash many sides). Sure there might be some games where the opposition raises their game against a team doing very well in their new stadium, but they will prove to be more inconsistent.
There are not many real stand-out teams, and of the two everyone is talking about (West Ham, Leicester), I'll bet at least one of them fucks it up completely.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
It puts us betwen Ipswich and Hull in the bookies estimations, surprised that Leeds are so low

Leicester
West Ham
Birmingham
Forest
Reading
Middlesboro
Cardiff
Stains
Burnley
Leeds
Blackpool
Ipswich
ALBION
Hull
Pompey
Bristol City
Derby
Millwall
Coventry
Watford
m.c.Palace
Barnsley
Doncaster
Peterborough

I'd be happy for Donny to beat us in opening game if it means they climb above m.c.palace

Reasons why I think we'll do so well:

We were champions of league 1, with 5 weeks to spare
Our front line has already been massively upgraded
We haven't finished recruiting yet
The type of football we play is condusive to consistent results. Run of the mill games will see us retain the ball and win fairly routinely (we won't thrash many sides). Sure there might be some games where the opposition raises their game against a team doing very well in their new stadium, but they will prove to be more inconsistent.
There are not many real stand-out teams, and of the two everyone is talking about (West Ham, Leicester), I'll bet at least one of them fucks it up completely.

I do agree with this, just adding:

I'm being cautious

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here