Votes: 7 5.4%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Based on average odds at Oddschecker.

Is this a fair assessment? Would you go higher or lower?

Personally I think we might be in the 8th-10th positions

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
seems very fair and would potentially have us within touching distance of a play-off place when it comes to the shake-down over the last half dozen or so games when anything can happen.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Seems a reasonably good prediction to me, based on what we know about the teams involved at this stage. But it's going to be a tight old league and it's entirely possible that a few points will separate the front runners from mid-table and that there'll be a lot of swapping around as the season ends. I wouldn't bet on the Championship this year because it's just too difficult to read, in my opinion. I wouldn't fall off my chair if we made the play-offs but equally finishing 15th wouldn't seem like a disaster either.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I like the caution. Anything above would be a bonus.

Remember WHam, Blackpool, BHam, Leicester, Cardiff etc will have some great players at that level.

Positions 7 to 10 would be good, with a great home record to make the AMEX enjoyable & retain new fans.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
seems very fair and would potentially have us within touching distance of a play-off place when it comes to the shake-down over the last half dozen or so games when anything can happen.

Agree. Puts no pressure on us and anything more would be a result.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd say that based on budgets and quality of squads, our natural position would be about 13th, yes.

However, the other teams don't have Gus Poyet, who is alone worth another 5-7 places.

5-8th. Hopefully Play-offs.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Think it's about right with the squad that we currently have. However, I think we'll finish higher than that assuming we've still got 2-3 first teamers still to be signed...

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
I would be absolutely thrilled with finishing 13th, i dont care what anyone says, what the club do, or whatever this season is our first season in this leauge, and i will treat it the same as i did last time we were here. We are the underdogs, im not going to go to games thinking, yeah we will easily win this one. So to finish 13th will be an achievement - not getting relegated is the main thing. for me anyway.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It's respectable and I'd take it. People citing Norwich but not only is it rare but they've bounced around Championship/Premiership in their recent history. It looks like we're going to have 3 or 4 or more key changes to the starting 11 and that'll take time to settle as will adjusting to the new environment etc. I'm sure Gus and TB are thinking they can have a shot at play off's of course but 13th won't be all bad and when all's done the difference between play offs and 13th will be 3 maybe 4 wins. On the basis there's always one dark horse involved then let it be us - if not mid table in our first season won't be failure ... fighting relegation will be!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Very happy with that at this stage. We haven't strengthend the squad enough yet to push on any higher in my mind, add another 3 quality players and I would say the top half is definitely realistic

welshseagull

Jul 12, 2011
I think their are loads of quality teams in this league, all capable of beating each other on their day. It is impossible to predict and it would be a tremendous achievement for us to finish in the top half. (Would love to finish above Saints though).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It puts us betwen Ipswich and Hull in the bookies estimations, surprised that Leeds are so low

Leicester
West Ham
Birmingham
Forest
Reading
Middlesboro
Cardiff
Stains
Burnley
Leeds
Blackpool
Ipswich
ALBION
Hull
Pompey
Bristol City
Derby
Millwall
Coventry
Watford
Palace
Barnsley
Doncaster
Peterborough

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It puts us betwen Ipswich and Hull in the bookies estimations, surprised that Leeds are so low

Leicester
West Ham
Birmingham
Forest
Reading
Middlesboro
Cardiff
Stains
Burnley
Leeds
Blackpool
Ipswich
ALBION
Hull
Pompey
Bristol City
Derby
Millwall
Coventry
Watford
Palace
Barnsley
Doncaster
Peterborough

When you look at the teams around us in the league it makes you realise that we will do well to finish in that position. We are still a relative small fish in a big-ish pond and will do well to hold our own. No easy games this season!!!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I'm not so sure now that Southampton will do as well as they are predicted. At the end of the season, I was sure they'd be up there challenging, but apart from Cork, they really haven't been very active in the transfer window, haven't even heard many rumours about them being in for players. I'd say their squad is no better than ours at the moment. Unless they do some strengthening in the next couple of months, I'd say they're heading for around 12-15th

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here