Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Book recomendations

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
Have left this a little late but am going on hols tomorrow and need some tips on a couple of good books to read whilst sipping my vodka and oranges in the sun. They will have to be on the best seller lists I guess if I am to find them at the airport. :thumbsup:

Last hols I read Duncan Hamiltons book on Cloughie and Mark Mills Savage Garden. Both great reads.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cycling Home from Siberia - It has NSC pedigree as BoF recommended it to me.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
If you like military history then try The Most Dangerous Enemy by Stephen Bungay - the best (by some distance) History of the Battle of Britain I have read and sadly I have upwards of thirty books on the subject.:blush:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Frank Sinatra's biography
Chris Evans autobiog
4 kings, the story of Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran

3 great reads

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Shantaram
Norwegian wood
The time travellers' wife

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A Year in Merde and/or Merde, Actually by Stephen Clarke.

But probably not on the current best sellers list.

1000 years of annoying the French ...might just be though

Lennox by Craig Russell is a gritty and humorously written book on a Glasgow PI in the 50's. Easy reading and a good storyline well told.

Craig Russell Author - The Lennox Novels

Last edited:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Seven Troop by Andy McNab is a good read. Focuses on his whole career in the Army and beyond into civvy street. Not just the ill fated Bravo Two Zero mission.

Very sad to hear what has happened to a number of his SAS collegues since they all left the Regiment

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I would say it depends on who you're going on holiday with! If it's the missus then i'd make sure it's a very good one that you can lose yourself in.:thumbsup:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i dont read much but i like to take a dean koontz book on holiday . genuinely cant often put them down

velocity is his best one in my opinion

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
'Coming Back to Me' by Marcus Trescothick is a great book if you like cricket but want a bit more than a purely lighthearted sporting read.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just started reading Dead Simple by Peter James. A local auther and his books are crime thrillers all set in and around Brighton. It's really quite odd reading what would otherwise be quite dull narrarive, but because I know exactly what and where he is writing about, it is far more interesting. For example in this book, 2 of the main protagonists live in the van alan building.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
The tent the bucket and me.

Super book about a young girls camping trips with her parents in the 70s.

Great read :lolol:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Agent ZigZag - exceedingly entertaining true spy story from WWII
A Fraction of the Whole - Steve Toltz. Haven't read it myself but my flatmate was chuckling all the way through it.

Have a great holiday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here