Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Players

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't remember Albion fans actually booing an Albion player when he has been on the ball and playing, although a few seemed pretty close to it when Codner was playing. I may be wrong and maybe you can tell me when we've actually booed individual players during a a game???

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I remember a game against Bristol Rovers, when they were sharing Bath City's ground, and Mark Farrington committed a foul and the Brighton supporters started shouting at the ref Off Off Off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Leon Knight
Ckr
Henderson

Booed during a game or abused,? subtle difference even if not a great thing to do. I think Henderson was booed after the game at Bournemouth which was fecking disgusting.

Maybe I just stand or sit in the wrong places

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Booed during a game or abused,? subtle difference even if not a great thing to do. I think Henderson was booed after the game at Bournemouth which was fecking disgusting.

Maybe I just stand or sit in the wrong places

CKR and Leon got dogs abuse most games

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Personally I've never booed an Albion player whilst the game was going on - or even shouted abuse - much as i would have like to sometimes.

Moaning on here is OK though IMO ! When I'm at the games I try and support them as much as possible,

Last year had some complete retard who moaned at Hammond from the first to last whistle - thankfully he didn't renew this year.Complete idiot. All clubs have them - my Spurs supporting friends say Tottenham fans can be terrible for this.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Brovian said:
At last! The penny is finally dropping! I first went to Selhurst Park in 1965 with my Palace-supporting Dad and Grandad. They, and everybody around us, spent the entire match moaning at the Palace team! Even at 8 I thought it wasn't quite right. Sounds like nothing much has changed in the intervening 42 years!
No it hasn`t!!! Palace fans never stop moaning. We want success and when things don`t go our way the players get the stick.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
paulie said:
You get moaners at all clubs - most of yours spend their life on here.

Can't figure why the Ginge got it on Saturday - he's a bit of an enigma as a player, but no-one should get booed.

(apart from Perry Milkins - boo).
:lolol:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
edna krabappel said:
Can't really say the Albion are without fault on this one, but it's not the first time it's happened at Palace is it?

I was at the Palace-Reading game two or three years ago, and a fairly large section of the home fans were booing Julian Gray every time he got the ball.
Booing Julian Gray is slightly different. He wanted to leave Palace and he made it perfectly clear with inept performances and no desire to play, that was the year we got promoted as well.

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
BensGrandad said:
I would assume that you were one of the morons that helped speed up his departure.

and I assume that you would be one of those 'morons' that would like to speed up Kuipers departure from the club as well.

Personally I think you're wrong, about Henderson that is, you're most problably correct about byf.
Henderson is not the best, i spoke to an ex pro keeper about henderson. His comments were ... great shot stopper, very instinctive HOWEVER he's poor at coming off is line and doesn't command his area particularly well. Apparently a common failing with goal keepers and one (surprisingly) not easy to fix. I also think the fact that even though Carlo Nash is on loan, he's still number two at Preston.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Palace fans have been particularly bad this season, they are not happy with Taylor and his negativity and they have vented their spleen on the players. Watson's treatment on Saturday was an utter disgrace and the people dishing that sort of "support" out really need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Palace fans have been particularly bad this season, they are not happy with Taylor and his negativity and they have vented their spleen on the players. Watson's treatment on Saturday was an utter disgrace and the people dishing that sort of "support" out really need to take a long hard look at themselves.

I reckon that you'll find this behaviour at nearly every ground in the country, as you rightly say your having a bad season:lolol: and the glass is half full brigade start getting vocal. You need to worry when these wankers start dishing it out when you're having a great season.

I had an altercation at Gillingham when one of our so called fans started giving mayo some grief, the fact that mayo wasn't starting and it was during the warm up made me see red. Suffice to say that after our discussion the fan was most apologetic. The little shit did decide to grass me up to the stewards though:angry:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Ozymandias said:
I reckon that you'll find this behaviour at nearly every ground in the country, as you rightly say your having a bad season:lolol: and the glass is half full brigade start getting vocal. You need to worry when these wankers start dishing it out when you're having a great season.

I had an altercation at Gillingham when one of our so called fans started giving mayo some grief, the fact that mayo wasn't starting and it was during the warm up made me see red. Suffice to say that after our discussion the fan was most apologetic. The little shit did decide to grass me up to the stewards though:angry:

Ridiculous isn't it? I don't see how these twats think they are supporting the team by continually booing and slating. They would say they pay their money and they can do what they like, but i find it unbelievable.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Booed Henderclown and proud of it, got sme much needed investment in to sign Bertin and Savage so job well done. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mines a :drink:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
SJ's Love Monkey said:
the people dishing that sort of "support" out really need to take a long hard look at themselves.
They probably have and are still trying to work out why they can see thamselves in the mirror.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here