Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing at the end...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Mr. Burns: Smithers, are they boo-ing me?
Smithers: Uh...no. They're saying boo-URNS, boo-URNS
Mrs. Burns: (To the crowd) Excuse me, are you saying BOO or BOOURNS?
Crowd: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Hans Moleman: (to himself) I was saying boourns.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The punters pay there money so are entitled to do show there feelings however they like, lets see what its like after our next 4 league games

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That's the reason I always leave early every game..........to miss the booing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can understand the frustration with fans and also the booing. How else can Mr Average fan let SH TB etc know that yesterdays result was not good enough? Sure they can see themselves but sometimes they need reminding that the fans are not happy with such results.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
While I'm a corporate customer at theatre Amex and paying high prices, I will boo when I'm not happy with what I see!

If I could get in for £15 and stand and create an atmosphere and felt a togetherness then I would not boo.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Booing was the tip of the iceberg for some fans in the North, some nasty abuse was being thrown at the players towards the end too, only by a few people though.

This is unacceptable and makes booing look alright (though it isnt).

What does both booing and abusing players achieve though ? Leaving early is more of a sign that you arent happy as it shows that you dont want to watch anymore. Anyone who isnt blind can see that all we need is someone there to actually finish these chances we are creating. Chopping and changing the team completely every single game is seriously not going to help this.

Back on topic, unfortunately we may well have to get used to more booing as it seems to be becoming the norm now, despite being pretty pointless.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not into booing. Didn't boo when we lost 5-0 up the road and I didn't boo yesterday.

If I'm unhappy with the performance, I just don't clap the lads off. Yesterday was one of those days.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
When I consider the moronic abuse that was wrongly hurled at a very good striker like Ashley Barnes, it is totally ridiculous for anyone to object to some mild booing after such a shambolic performance with lightweight ineffective strikers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Congratulations you are retarded.

I don't subscribe to the 'must not boo under any circumstances' school of thought but seriously, if you think watching a team who averaging about 25 shots a game, had 15 corners and 60 odd percent possession today you must not have been an Albion fan long!

Don't get me wrong I was as frustrated as anyone we didn't score but booing should be reserved but those times when players are putting in no effort or tactics mean we have no shots all game, not times when we could have scored half a dozen!

100% agreed. Booing when players aren't TRYING, I totally understand. Booing someone for trying but just not quite being good enough on the day is utterly BRAINDEAD.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
100% agreed. Booing when players aren't TRYING, I totally understand. Booing someone for trying but just not quite being good enough on the day is utterly BRAINDEAD.

To be quite blunt they were a fair way from being good enough 'on the day'. Even a narrow win would have felt hollow, the performance was well below par.

And no, I didn't boo! Just got out of there as quickly as I could.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To be quite blunt they were a fair way from being good enough 'on the day'. Even a narrow win would have felt hollow, the performance was well below par.

And no, I didn't boo! Just got out of there as quickly as I could.

But my point is booing people for not trying is logical. Booing people for trying but not being good enough is unbelievably stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here