Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing at the end...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
firstly thats total cock,one of the great assets of the Amex is that it has engaged a whole new generation of younger fans.
Our supporter base is massive,season tickets will i suspect rely massively on a good relevant pricing structure and not simply the fact we have dropped a division.

however secondly if it was true it would get rid off all the twats that boo the team off at the end ....... thats progress

That is not true about young support. If you listen to them they, the future of this club, are fed up with poor performances and results. There is so much football on TV to satisfy them plus other considerations like computer games etc. When I started going to football there was 3 games a season plus highlights on TV and very little else to do on a Saturday but that isnt so now. They only way price affects it is the VFM if it is considered so the ST will sell irrespective if not they wont. Around me in Lower West I know of 10 who have said they are not renewing and miss games even now. As an example my brother, a supporter for over 50 years is not coming to Boxing Day fixture due to trains etc from his home but when I said yesterday about it he said ' its not worth the hassle just for 90 minutes football' Due to work he misses about 8 games a season and the time is coming when he will say no to renewing and buy tickets game by game when he can get to them. There are a lot with that attitude and the club need to open their eyes to it.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That is not true about young support. If you listen to them they, the future of this club, are fed up with poor performances and results.

not seeing that from my perspective at all,collectively my mates are bringing about 20 kids every home game,they moan about losing yes.....who doesnt? I did when i was 7 on the terraces.

importantly they are coming every week with season tickets,they will still keep coming as long as there are cheeseburgers and daddy is paying.The secret is how many will still come when they fly the roost........your estimate of 12000 is in my opinion way too low

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As you rightly say 7 year old that dad buys the ticket for but not when they start having to pay themselves and soon those 7 year olds will be saying ' do I have to go dad? You then lose dad and 1 or 2 children ST. I know of a number of couples that came together but for differing reasons the wife has stopped coming.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
firstly thats total cock,one of the great assets of the Amex is that it has engaged a whole new generation of younger fans.
Our supporter base is massive,season tickets will i suspect rely massively on a good relevant pricing structure and not simply the fact we have dropped a division.

however secondly if it was true it would get rid off all the twats that boo the team off at the end ....... thats progress
You really are a 'glass half full' kinda guy.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I certainly booed and have done a few times this season. I've seen enough weeks ago to see we have a idiot in charge of our team who is totally out of his depth. I won'[t repeat what i've been shouting at the final whistle as it isn't pleasant but justified.
I honestly cannot stand the bloke.

We need to get rid now and a new manager brought in before season ticket renewals or the club is in for a rude awakening.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Infact i lied. The booing might have started a few weeks ago but my concerns over Hyypia's appointment started to hit home during pre season games. The alarms bells were going off for me then. Weird because most of the time i would slate people who would judge managers during pre season training games. That is just plain daft and pathetic. But i can honestly say i saw things i didn't like. Don't think i've ever felt that way about a manger in the 30 odd years of supporting the club.

Last edited:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Its probably one of Einsteins Laws.....twattishism is linked to fake attendances,armchairs and relativity according to pie ingredients.

football crowds really are becoming a bunch of tossers

Absolutely agree ,half of the North stand were crying like manure fans yesterday they need to grow up and look at the whole picture,
1/ 95 million spent on ground

2/ 35 million spent on training facility

3/Peanuts spent on League 1 players bought in the bargain basement

4/ Best players still being sold for peanuts or not given new contracts and replaced with league quality at best

The squad has been getting steadily worse since Gus left , it is starting to look like Tony cannot afford to run his shiny new big boys toy:albion2:

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We have shit chants and a divided fan base in the north. Mixed with a shit season and it's never going to be a caldron of noise. It has nothing to do with the away fans being in the south. It's our fans who need to step things up and the team on the pitch.

D

Deleted member 22389

Never booed in my life. Yes things are crap, but booing?
I think Sami has one more game. If the club doesn't sack him, the voices from the stands will.
If we do get a new manager, I want a proven manager at Championship level please, someone who can get the best out of the team.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
probably chap,mostly blinkered optimism

but dont you look out over the stadium at 5 mins to 3pm,see 20000 people clapping Sussex By The Sea and think.....nice one!
I do, but I cannot see that continuing in August right now. ST sales have already slipped, they will fall a lot further if we get relegated. We are losing money right now, it will be a lot worse in L1.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Infact i lied. The booing might have started a few weeks ago but my concerns over Hyypia's appointment start to hit home during pre season games. The alarms bells were going off for me then. Weird because most of the time i would slate people who would judge managers during pre season training games. That is just plain daft and pathetic. But i can honestly say i saw things i didn't like. Don't think i've ever felt that way about a manger in the 30 odd years of supporting the club.

100% this.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The squad has been getting steadily worse since Gus left , it is starting to look like Tony cannot afford to run his shiny new big boys toy:albion2:

And this is the nail on the head,no one can afford to run a championship football club if they are going to attempt to do it by the book and be financially sensible at the same time.

Damn shame really,the bubble will eventually burst.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I do, but I cannot see that continuing in August right now. ST sales have already slipped, they will fall a lot further if we get relegated. We are losing money right now, it will be a lot worse in L1.

of course it will be worse in L1(if we get relegated) i agree,its then up to the powers that be to make the season ticket prices attractive.I still think with the right pricing policy the albion will have 18000 season ticket holders in the lower division if not more.........saying that you have dragged me into a negative.........we will not be relegated anyway

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I heard plenty of boos yesterday but you come on here and everyone claims they don't boo or wouldn't, priceless :lol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I heard plenty of boos yesterday but you come on here and everyone claims they don't boo or wouldn't, priceless :lol:
The reason being that 24,000 that attend The Amex do not know about or post on this site so it is not really indicative of the majority of supporters views. A 70% vote on here is about 200 votes less than 1% of attendances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here