Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bongani Khumalo & Jake Livermore

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I have done some scouting for the club...... :lolol: Definitely 2 possible signings on loan next season from Spurs.

Khumalo is a young, athletic centre half who was on loan at championship Preston in the 2nd half of the season.

Livermore was on loan at Ipswich and Leeds this season, a strong and combative centre midfielder (sounds like a younger version of Kish)

In all seriousness, these are 2 positions that we need cover in, and these players fit the bill perfectly with proven Championship experience this season, so who knows??

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No premier side loans out players as cover, they'd be better off in the club's reserves.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
No premier side loans out players as cover, they'd be better off in the club's reserves.

Sorry I may have given the wrong impression in my initial post, I would see these 2 as first team starters.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Some interesting stats about Khumalo, in the 5 full games he played on loan at Preston they won 2, drew 2 and lost 1. (not bad for a relegated side)

In his 6th match he got injured just before half time at Millwall with the score at 0-0. Final score? 4-0 Millwall....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Good spot and good suggestions in fairness. Both good young players but, therein lies the rub. Gus' main criterion in signing anyone has always been "do they bring something better/something we don't already have"?

Khumalo would be competing in age and experience with Lewis Dunk. Livermore would be competing with Liam Bridcutt.

You would need to have watched them very closely to know whether, in terms of experience and ability, there was more than a cigarette paper between any of them. If both were two or three years older and had played maybe forty or fifty games more at first team level then the case for bringing them in might be clearer but that's what makes judging loan signings so difficult.

I'm sure we will bring in a couple of Premier League youngsters and it could very easily be these two but how to make the call at this stage, if you're not Gus, I don't know.

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The number of Prem loanees has been one of the notable features of The Championship this season. I guess it's to do with squad sizes in the Prem and the opp for Championship clubs to pick up good players relatively cheaply.

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
Livermore was rarely a starter for Ipswich or Leeds though. Therefore, it would be questionable as to whether he would be worth getting in.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Good spot and good suggestions in fairness. Both good young players but, therein lies the rub. Gus' main criterion in signing anyone has always been "do they bring something better/something we don't already have"?

Khumalo would be competing in age and experience with Lewis Dunk. Livermore would be competing with Liam Bridcutt.

You would need to have watched them very closely to know whether, in terms of experience and ability, there was more than a cigarette paper between any of them. If both were two or three years older and had played maybe forty or fifty games more at first team level then the case for bringing them in might be clearer but that's what makes judging loan signings so difficult.

I'm sure we will bring in a couple of Premier League youngsters and it could very easily be these two but how to make the call at this stage, if you're not Gus, I don't know.

Fair comments though Khumalo is 24 so has more experience than Dunk albeit outside of English football. 22 caps for S Africa as well mind you.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Livermore was rarely a starter for Ipswich or Leeds though. Therefore, it would be questionable as to whether he would be worth getting in.

Played 12 matches for Ipswich and 4 for Leeds so not quite true.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Fair comments though Khumalo is 24 so has more experience than Dunk albeit outside of English football. 22 caps for S Africa as well mind you.

my apologies - I know nothing whatsoever about them other than recognising their names and just assumed both were academy type loans :lolol:

Next time I will do some research before spouting off. Meanwhile can I join the Bongani for Brighton fan club? You are right - although currently injured he would be the perfect fit :lolol:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
my apologies - I know nothing whatsoever about them other than recognising their names and just assumed both were academy type loans :lolol:

Next time I will do some research before spouting off. Meanwhile can I join the Bongani for Brighton fan club? You are right - although currently injured he would be the perfect fit :lolol:

Consider yourself a fully fledged member Severnside!!

Reids-Belly

Aug 9, 2010
Worthing
As i'm also a Spurs fan, i thought i'd give my 2 pennies worth,

Khumalo is very highly thought of with Spurs fans, strong, quick and seems to have adapted to the English game very well(albeit only over a few games for Preston and a few friendlies)

Livermore is over 6 feet, pretty quick and not lacking in skill either. He can also play all across midfield.

I think they'd both be good loan signings so hopefully Gus can have a word and get them both signed up.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I've said it so many times, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas is the best option when it comes to young loanees.

Big strong lad who can play anywhere and has been on loan at, Blackpool, Doncaster Rovers and Cardiff City. Scored a few goals

[yt]QZixaQA5CGw[/yt]

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here