Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bonfire Night 1997

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Yes I was there. Was sitting on the wall outside the Circus Fish bar when a coach of Barnet fans giving it large went past.

He who laughs last...

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
It was only my body that couldn't make it,though of course I was glued to the teletext.

Not a cracker,I understand.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
timbha said:
yep, believe Man U/Barcelona (?) televised that night.

Don't remember the opponents but if it was that night, yes I was there. I only remember because on the way back to Brighton, listening to the hype around the Man U v some European club on Radio 5 and there was a comment made by one of the commentators along the lines of " A quick question for any Brighton fans who made the trip to be part of their lowest ever league crowd at the Priestfield tonight ...... why?"

C*** :angry: :salute: although thinking about it now I can understand the reasons for asking the question :)

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Dover said:
Nope. Some lunatic called Krispies took me with his Now departed Mum to Lewes, to see the anual carange of Bonfire Night.

It bucketed down with rain. Krispies and his Mum got plastered. A firework just missed my head, and I longed to be at Gillingham, how I longed.

Anyway, it took hours to get home, and I have never thought a bed at the Nurses Home could be so good, or welcoming.

Dittoish. I was being a rather damp Cliffe Fireman.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Regret I wasnt.

I also recall that this was originally going to be the first game at withers then they had to put it back to the opening day of the following season....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Regret I wasnt.

I also recall that this was originally going to be the first game at withers then they had to put it back to the opening day of the following season....

No that was the following season, when we played them in about March, which was the same day of England v Poland at Wembley, which was Keegan's first game incharge and Scholes scored a hatrick.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do you know, I think that Superwife and I were there, I seem to remember the fireworks (certainly not the game)

We were also at the lowest attended match at the Goldstone, can't remember which it was (not the rearranged game after the pitch invasion), there was a match in the same season earlier on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here