Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bonfire Night 1997

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
yeah - the fireworks going off behind that stand behind the goal that was never used were the highlight of the evening

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Nope. Some lunatic called Krispies took me with his Now departed Mum to Lewes, to see the anual carange of Bonfire Night.

It bucketed down with rain. Krispies and his Mum got plastered. A firework just missed my head, and I longed to be at Gillingham, how I longed.

Anyway, it took hours to get home, and I have never thought a bed at the Nurses Home could be so good, or welcoming.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Wozza said:
If you weren't there, you're not a real albion fan imo. :jester:

i agree - bloody part timers

Dover said:
Nope. Some lunatic called Krispies took me with his Now departed Mum to Lewes, to see the anual carange of Bonfire Night.

It bucketed down with rain. Krispies and his Mum got plastered. A firework just missed my head, and I longed to be at Gillingham, how I longed.

Anyway, it took hours to get home, and I have never thought a bed at the Nurses Home could be so good, or welcoming.
Did Krispies get as plastered as he did on the November the Fifth, several years later than 1997, when I bumped into him and his uncle in the Black Horse at Lewes?

Oh ... just a thought... I guess there are several NSC members who have OFTEN thought that "a bed at the Nurses Home could be good, or welcoming".

:lolol:

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
yep, believe Man U/Barcelona (?) televised that night.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Lord Bracknell said:
Did Krispies get as plastered as he did on the November the Fifth, several years later than 1997, when I bumped into him and his uncle in the Black Horse at Lewes?

Oh ... just a thought... I guess there are several NSC members who have OFTEN thought that "a bed at the Nurses Home could be good, or welcoming".

:lolol:

Oh yes m'lud. Krispies loves the whole Lewes event, but now he has children it is out of the question.

Be warned any of you that wish for a bed at the Nurses Home for the night. Most of my neighbours were complete nutters.

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
I was there. Trecked across London and then down to Gillingham. Uni days gave me time to get to these crucial matches! Very depressing day - I remember the chants "we're so bad it's certifiable" and "Grange Hill, it's just like watching Grange Hill". Bad, bad days!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Formerly Known as DEZ said:
I remember the chants "we're so bad it's certifiable" and "Grange Hill, it's just like watching Grange Hill". Bad, bad days!

with the thronging masses packed onto the rainham end:nono:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
brightonfan_86 said:
Yes, i was there.

in the main stand if i remember correctly you posh little git, as it was me and mark on the terrace

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here